MAHLE pistons built in by factory?

Hello everyone!

Last week i had an incident with my car (2010 Rs Fabia) at one time only 3 cylinders were working i stopped the car on the highway asked for help and took the car home. Started to disassemble the engine and turned out that the pistons are MAHLE 76L92. What do you think these are the ones built in by the factory or the previous owner changed them? 

I reckon they're OE, Mahle forged pistons used to be highly regarded. Forged pistons and crank are standard in the VRS, only the Conrods aren't forged, the only reason to replace the rods is if you're going to be raising the rev limit.

To be honest i have no idea if the conrods are stock or not. I don`t want to increase the power I just want the car to be reliable. I case these are the weak pistons then i would change them but until I´m not sure I dont´t want to order the new ones.

The oem mahle pistons are turd , hence why the ring lands go on them and VW had to revise the engine and change them for  Kolbenschimt pistons which have an extra compression ring this is when the engine code went from Cave to CTHE 

The round ones.

Well at least when at operating temperature.

Edited by J.R.

If you picked mahle pistons for a tfsi/tsi it’s stupid practice when there are kolbenscmidt pistons which are far superior! 
below is a video of the typical failure of a mahle piston in a tsi engine and if you have replaced like for like then your asking for trouble in future 

"No damage to the bore!"

My ar5e!

Even with my poor eyesight I can see the vertical grooving from the broken rings.

With a hone it will give some compression but it will be a case up especially with the shonky pistons.

17 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

The Asperger's crew will want to know which ones you ordered...

Sure :) I`ve bought the Kolbenschimt pistons and now waiting to be reassembled, also had the cylinder head reconditioned with 16 new valves etc.

This was the incident which I had 😅 I have never seen something like this at first I thought one of the pistons died but not. The car has 200k km (124k miles) in it with the stock pistons I think it is not bad. But now it will be better I can`t wait. 

357313819_668250608030384_4533184747081204869_n.jpg