Wet carpet

My 2014 superb has soaking wet carpets on the off side /driver side RHD. I found a rip in the plastic cover behind the door panel, I filled the rip with silicone mastic and thought I had sorted it but to no avail, the car's been parked up for a month and it's sodden in there.. Any ideas?

Sunroof?  Your drains are blocked.  This forum has some suggestions around it, try the search term 'sunroof drains'.  I used an air compressor on mine with limit set to 30PSI.

12 hours ago, peterposh said:

I found a rip in the plastic cover behind the door panel, I filled the rip with silicone mastic and thought I had sorted it but to no avail, the car's been parked up for a month and it's sodden in there.. Any ideas?

Yes. Buy a new membrane instead of trying to bodge it with mastic.

I've taken off the wipers and the scuttle then run a  hose in the recess but all water tight. My next job is to sit inside the car and have the Mrs spray it with a hose

6 hours ago, Snapper1725 said:

My issue was windscreen 

the water was actually running behind the A pillar trim and down through dash into foot well.

you could actually push the screen up from inside 

IMG_1172.png

IMG_1173.png

I'll give the screen a push tomorrow 

1 hour ago, peterposh said:

I've taken off the wipers and the scuttle then run a  hose in the recess but all water tight. My next job is to sit inside the car and have the Mrs spray it with a hose

Remove the A pillar trims, if it wasn’t for a little bit of water on dash I’d have never thought it was the windscreen 

IMG_1184.png

Edited by Snapper1725
  • Like 1

The water is coming in at the top of the windscreen, the seal appears to be defective. I've cleaned it up and siliconed the top joint while I consider whether the insurance covers a new screen . At the moment the underlay is still drying in my conservatory. I'm opening the car doors when the rain stops to try and dry it out

3 hours ago, peterposh said:

The water is coming in at the top of the windscreen, the seal appears to be defective. I've cleaned it up and siliconed the top joint while I consider whether the insurance covers a new screen . At the moment the underlay is still drying in my conservatory. I'm opening the car doors when the rain stops to try and dry it out

Most likely come unbounded like mine, you can see the smooth parts on pics I posted other day when the screen was removed along the top. 
I put a fan heater in the car to dry it out 

Good you’ve found the cause of the leak 

Edited by Snapper1725
  • Like 1

It's having a new windscreen next week, as luck would have it I was driving it on the motorway and a stone chipped and cracked the screen so when it goes in I'll mention the leak

10 hours ago, peterposh said:

It's having a new windscreen next week, as luck would have it I was driving it on the motorway and a stone chipped and cracked the screen so when it goes in I'll mention the leak

😆😆😆