Columbus Head Unit Issues

Hello all, I an new here and I know I am not the first to post this issue but I am not sure what the latest solution is. My Head unit is locked into cycling on/off and I suspect its the firmware as once in a blue moon it will start up and run for a few days then back to cycling.

The unit details are:

3TO 035 686L

H26

SW 6270

I think I need to re flash the firmware but after 2 days of searching the internet I can't seem to find a copy, Ideally looking for pre burnt DVD/CD or if not possible I can buy a DVD Burner (prepared to pay a sensible price for the file)

Any help or a steer in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone offer help with mine. 

It has stopped working and the odd time you will get a flash of a white line across the screen, the CD player or something mechanical sounds like an old phone dialing with the movement its doing. 

There has been no warning to this bar I did change the battery the day before but it was disconnected like any other. I am going to try tonight disconnecting for half an hour and restart. 

But does anyone have any idea or solution and failing that what are the better after market options? 

I've attached an image of the same hu as mine the restrictions in image size were catching me out 

218464642_304191901388304_8110235012003112592_n.jpg

• 2 months later...

This post has maybe given me a little hope...... My Columbus has just started over the last 2 or 3 weeks having issues booting up. I get the loading screen but it can then take anything from one or two boot cycles to five or six cycles before it springs into life. I was thinking there was a component issue/start of a failure or some software corruption. I did notice that if i just stopped the car to nip in a shop it would then work fine. I'm looking at replacing the car next year so wasn't looking forward to having to replace the HU at this stage.

Seeing the above about it being a low voltage issue makes me wonder if maybe the battery is starting to show signs of going as the issue does tie in with when we got the start of the lower temperatures a few weeks ago and like i mention only happens when the car has been stood for a few hours/days..

If you reinstall the firmware from a disc do you lose your satnav map in the process?

Or is all the map info retained?

(I don’t have music held on the SSD as I use an SD card instead so only the maps I’m interested in). 

On 19/08/2023 at 15:28, Nigel_S said:

Sorry to ask but do you have the details of the seller as the link is no longer valid.... I've found a few but wanted to ideally go with one I know has been used OK by someone else.

4 minutes ago, Nigel_S said:
£9.95

however it doesn't look like he has anything listed at the moment

Thanks for taking the time to respond. That's a shame. I've managed to find another UK seller with good feedback so if i can't locate a copy of the firmware to burn myself, (I have one more option to try for a repository of the FW files) then i will go for the UK seller i've found.

The HU had a good day on Saturday booting up within a couple of minutes max the two times i used the car...... Then yesterday morning it was back to taking around 10 minutes to boot up but then last night and this morning it didn't manage to boot up at all and just kept boot looping for the full 30 minute drives. 😒

• 1 month later...

I've been busy with other things through December and only used the car a few times but it had gotten worse to the point where i had a 1 hour drive with the HU stuck in boot loop and then two 30 minute drives without it booting up either so had got to the point where it just didn't boot.

After speaking to another member they sent me an image for the firmware disc without it affecting the maps/media partitions so i burnt and installed it on Sunday and now have a working HU again.

• Like 2