Car automatically locking when getting out / Key not in range

goobs

Sometimes when I get out the car and shut the drivers door I hear a click and the doors have locked but without the door mirrors folding in.

I thought it may be me touching the sensor on the door handle so now take care to close the door without touching the handle.

Sometimes when I unlock the car with the remote fob, then get in the car I hear the doors click and then when I try to start the key with the Start/stop button it gives me a warning that the key is not in range, even though it's a foot away from the dashboard.

To get around this whilst sat in drivers seat I either lock the car and then unlock it and it's fine or touch the remote fob against the Start/stop button and the ignition comes on.

I had it in the dealers and they found no problems, the replaced the battery as I had twice already, then next day it did it again and again.

It's got to be something silly I am doing. The dealer wants me to leave the car with them for a few days but that's not practical for my job.

Anyone any ideas ?

Skoda Karoq Sportline 1.5TSi MY21.

There's a thread about this on the Karoqforums https://www.karoqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=713

Not sure there was any concrete solution but at least one was down to a faulty lock.

Might be worth trying disabling the 'autolock at x mph' to see if that has any effect, as it seems to be that type of 'locking' i.e no mirror fold , that's happening

I had same problem with my karoq. Dealer also noticed it at 2 yr service. Took it back in when it got worse and they changed the door locks under warranty. 3 months on there's been no reoccurrence.

Thanks for the help guys.

I have some new Panasonic batteries I will try and also make sure to discharge the remote with holding down a button before replacing the cell.

If it happens again I'll mention to the dealer about other reporting faulty door lock/sensor to see if how quickly they can get a replacement in.

New Panasonic battery fitted, make sure not to touch the button on the door handle and it still locks the doors just as I get in or get out of the car.

Oh well. Looks like I am resigned to taking it into the dealer for them to play with until they can 'reproduce the fault' despite it occurring every day for me.

They want £20 for a courtesy car then £10 every day thereafter. They say it's for insurance which I have never heard of as every other dealer I have engaged with (VW, Honda and Ford) all just needed me to bring my policy certificate to prove I had full comp ?

3 hours ago, goobs said:

New Panasonic battery fitted, make sure not to touch the button on the door handle and it still locks the doors just as I get in or get out of the car.

Oh well. Looks like I am resigned to taking it into the dealer for them to play with until they can 'reproduce the fault' despite it occurring every day for me.

They want £20 for a courtesy car then £10 every day thereafter. They say it's for insurance which I have never heard of as every other dealer I have engaged with (VW, Honda and Ford) all just needed me to bring my policy certificate to prove I had full comp ?

Fully comprehensive insurance does not necessarily mean that you are insured Full Comp to drive other cars, may not cover you at all. Usually allows other drivers to drive your car, unless you restrict it to named drivers to reduce premium. I have always had to pay a small amount for Courtesy cars from our local dealer.

I had this exact problem. Both front door locks changed.

oh, and go to another dealer....you shouldn't have to pay for a courtesy car for warranty work.  I just waited 3 hrs for mine to be done. its not a massive job, and the dealer should know about the issue.