Mental Estelle with RX7 engine - photos

Tom_vRS

I know, its hilarious.

But actually a very VERY fast car, what a hoot.

He is looking into alternative exhaust solutions.

Insane!

I thought the exhaust looked bad with the straight on rear shot, then I saw it was a twin exhaust! :rofl:

Fair play to him though, he's said it's a comedy car and he's not taking it too seriously. I bet it's great fun to drive! :thumbup:

• 7 months later...

Speaking of wolves in sheeps clothing, there is a blue Renault 5 Turbo around here which is in a stunning condition, totally standard bodywork . . . but there is something large and silvery hiding behind the bumper, and the 3" exhaust is not standard either . . . it kicks out 287bhp :eek:.

A work collegue of mine has just fitted an RX-7 ****el (turbo II engine) int his 1970's Super Beetle. Will be awesome when its done, junked the engine management in favour of a user controlable system (sourced from Australia) which allows you to set injection duration and boost levels etc.

Its got a VW type 2 gearbox in there - from a van - it had a beetle one, but it just wasnt tough enough - now its rock solid. Downside is its only 4 speed, but I've driven it around most of the M25 no problems, scaring the **** out of people!

I'm actually most likely selling this one, but I've gotten hold of a Volvo T5 engine for the next project... I'm thinking ford Ka with a T5 engine in it... looking stock.

I did measure up a V8 to fit, but it'd be really hard to keep it looking stock. I used to own a Mk1 Ford Fiesta with a V6 in it, sitting on a daihatsu fourtrak chassis, so I'm used to odd cars.

I'm possibly considering a Favorit for a conversion...