All in One Policy vs Actual Practice at the garage?

MJ1

5 hours ago, grmtylr said:

I’ve got a question about the All In plan and was wondering if anyone could help?

I’ve just picked up a Karoq, it’s an approved used car which has the 12 month warranty and 12 month breakdown cover.

Is the service schedule for the 1.5tsi engine an annual oil change then extended scope on top of that? From looking at my service history it seems mine has had two yearly services rather than annual.

Does that sound right?

It seems like a no-brainer getting the plan when it’s only £26 a month, if nothing else it spreads the servicing costs nicely. 

Often the cars will have been on longlife service intervals which can go for up to 2yrs.  Dealers here (I think it's another of those uniquely UK things) like people to have their cars serviced annually, and the service plans assume that's the case (although I notice All In, and the two service service plan we have on our new Kamiq, have a 4yr validlity for services so they do seem to allow for people who have services every 2yrs).

You can't take the All In plan while the vehicle is covered by another warranty.   You can only take a service package.   You might be able to time it so you could wait until the current warranty runs out, then take All In (if it's still available) to cover the service due at that point.

You could have taken the Approved Used PCP offer as that includes 2yrs of everything as well as £250 discount  Then Withdraw from the PCP.   Dealer we recently bought off just assumed we'd be doing that.

Edited by Rory
  • Thanks 1

On 07/11/2023 at 17:07, BTandSid said:

Just had first MOT and three year service and was offered a service plan, so with a 25% discount until the end of the month, it works out at £15pm for 24 months, or £20.25 for the extended plan. Given the extended plan service would be £255pa and there’s the annual MOT of £54.85 it seems to be a no-brainier, given these amounts would undoubtedly go up before the end of  the 24 months. Or am I missing something?

Had a look at this again and realised that the standard plan doesn’t include MOTs so the cost over 24 months at £20.25 is going to be £486 which shows little saving on the normal pricing.

The All-in plan does includes MOTs but also 2 years Roadside and Warranty; however I already have Roadside until April 2025 and Warranty until November 2024 so it seems there’d be no advantage in taking that either. 
When I was at the dealers recently and we discussed service plans I was told it’d be very worthwhile, although I can’t see that either plan shows any real benefit. Have asked the dealers what figures they used or if it’s possible to perhaps ‘tweak’ the standard plan to include MOTs but yet to get a response

Update - given the special offer prices were only on offer until tomorrow I contacted the dealer to see if they’d given any thought to my emails since what they’d previously discussed, albeit briefly, conflicted with the Skoda email I’d received. I again asked if she’d got some other plan in mind that wasn’t readily available, perhaps she was ‘tweaking’ their standard plans to suit? She started up by telling me about the options available so I again reminded her that I’d already got warranty and roadside cover so that discounted one plan and there were no MOTs offered by the other, so no benefit in taking that. These facts had already been emailed to her twice! She then asked if I had a service plan already 🙄 
And these are supposedly service advisors 😂 Don’t you just love’em.
Needless to say no service plan has been arranged, I’ll wait and see what’s offered in the future when existing roadside and/or warranty run out

Edited by BTandSid
Update
  • Like 1

I've been trying to renew my all in one but the  computer says no as it tells me I have a service plan. Close scrutiny of the paperwork shows I do, the warranty part has expired, the breakdown part has expired but the service and mot part still has a year to run despite I've used all my entitlements. Guess I'll have to contact VW Financial Services to cancel the policy that has no benefits so I can take out a new one. 

3 hours ago, SurreySlowCoach said:

I've been trying to renew my all in one but the  computer says no as it tells me I have a service plan. Close scrutiny of the paperwork shows I do, the warranty part has expired, the breakdown part has expired but the service and mot part still has a year to run despite I've used all my entitlements. Guess I'll have to contact VW Financial Services to cancel the policy that has no benefits so I can take out a new one. 

That's weird but sort of know what you mean. I didn't take out All-in-1 but the normal plan instead. It entitled me to 2 services but I was able to spread them over 3 or was it 4 years?  I got the impression it was to cover those on a variable service.

I too would have naturally assumed the plan would end when the services were used up. Sounds like VWFS might have alter the algorithm they use

Edited by kodiaqsportline

Purchased the All-in from Skoda last month and on the "paperwork" the following is stated:-

Servicing & MOT ends x/11/2026

Warranty ends x/11/2025

Roadside Assistance ends x/11/2025

In my case there is a 30 day no-claim period on the warranty so it starts on x/12/2023 as the Karoq was out of it's previous warranty period (the original at time of purchase 2019 - 2022).

3 hours ago, SurreySlowCoach said:

Daughter just renewed All In on her SEAT Ateca and that had service expiry date of 2025 - I assumed it was done like that to cover people who only had services every twp years.  Everything else expired Nov 23 (something like the 6th) and I was anxious it got renewed without a gap to keep the Roadside and Warranty active.  The website was not allowing renewal and dealer (who have proved to be completely useless in every inter-action)  said they could renew it in advance but didn't.  On the 6th it suddenly became available to renew online. 

I notice the renewal has slightly different expiry days in 2025 for all the elements.  The service part expires in 2027.

A phone call to VW Financial Services confirmed it's the lingering service plan that was the issue, they cancelled while I was on the phone, sent a confirmation by email and shortly after I was able to take out a new service plan, warranty and breakdown cover. Delighted I could still purchase at £26.25 a month as for the past 2 years I've been paying £32.