Brake Fluid - I cannot see any fluid at all in the reservoir!

FabFabFabia

While checking my oil and coolant level on my 2018 Karoq Edition TSI DSG I noticed a fluid container marked "Dot 4" next to the coolant reservoir which had MIN and MAX line markings on the side but this reservoir looks empty. Or could it be a completely clear liquid that I am not seeing? I am guessing this is the brake fluid but there is no warning on my dashboard that it is low. Should I be concerned? Thank you.

Edited by FabFabFabia

I took the top off and can feel the clear fluid right to the top (which indicates it's filled way past the MAX line). It would be much easier if the fluid was coloured so I could see it though.

I think you will find that you will be able to see fluid level, even if fluid is clear, when it is nearer correct level - I would suggest removing some fluid from reservoir until level is correct (use something clean). Have you had a recent brake pad change?  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FabFabFabia said:

I took the top off and can feel the clear fluid right to the top (which indicates it's filled way past the MAX line). It would be much easier if the fluid was coloured so I could see it though.

That should self-rectify in about 4 years. 🙃