Infotainment head unit issues

ManThatCan

Help !  Out of the blue today the head unit on my Yeti 1.2 outdoor has (partially) stopped working.

Not working ;

Always comes on the the last radio station I was listening to.

None of the side buttons ; Phone, Media, Nav etc work

None of the touch screen functions, eg can't change band, DAB/FM, a different station, scan etc etc.

Working ;

Volume - both knob and steering wheel

On/Off switch

Parking sensors

Power off, key out, WAIT, power on has NOT WORKED

Is there a "reset" switch or a startup combo to reset or am I looking at an expensive visit to a dealer ?

• Like 1

Is this an MIB2 unit (i.e. 2015+ car)?

Touchscreen is usually a failed digitizer - £20 off aliexpress.

Depending on how it's failed I could envisage how it could take out the left hand buttons.

Brilliant, thank you everyone.  Yes, it's a 2017 outdoor (one of the last ones off the boat ! mine from new)

I haven't done anything as yet.  The next morning it was all working again, BUT it's dropped out a couple of times since.  None of the side buttons will work (left or right side), and the touchscreen doesn't work.  The unit is "stuck" on wherever it was when it "dropped out".  Makes me think this is a dry joint somewhere.  I've found a link for a repair firm but not done anything about it as yet.  At £1500 from Skoda the cost of a replacement is prohibitive to say the least !  As a person whose always had Hondas it's very disappointing after only 6 years (30K miles) but nothing lasts forever, especially these days !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ManThatCan said:

Brilliant, thank you everyone.  Yes, it's a 2017 outdoor (one of the last ones off the boat ! mine from new)

I haven't done anything as yet.  The next morning it was all working again, BUT it's dropped out a couple of times since.  None of the side buttons will work (left or right side), and the touchscreen doesn't work.  The unit is "stuck" on wherever it was when it "dropped out".  Makes me think this is a dry joint somewhere.  I've found a link for a repair firm but not done anything about it as yet.  At £1500 from Skoda the cost of a replacement is prohibitive to say the least !  As a person whose always had Hondas it's very disappointing after only 6 years (30K miles) but nothing lasts forever, especially these days !

I’ve had this happen a few times. Holding the on/off button down until it goes black and the Skoda logo comes up fixed mine.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 20/09/2023 at 09:04, ManThatCan said:

Hi I have the same problem is there any where in Cumbria, I can get this problem fixed, why pay Skoda garage to fix this problem when later down the line it might go again because Skoda have NOT done anything about issue.