Oil filter

qpr

Hi. New to Skoda and Citigo. It's my wife's car so I'm totally unfamiliar with it.

I had a service and MOT done yesterday, and being a suspicious person, I marked what I thought was the oil filter. Assuming it is at the lower front of the engine behind the bumper I made several scratches on it. When the car was returned, the same filter housing, complete with scratches is still there. Two things I need help with. Have I got the location of the filter correct, and is it possible to change just the element, or is it a one piece unit, screw off and screw on new one.(with new seal of course) Any help would be much appreciated.

Yes, I saw that. The question is, can a filter element be fitted to the old can, or is it a whole new can.

The old one is still on the car and I'm not having it!

Just spotted that. I emailed the garage (they wouldn't answer the phone) 

I had booked through "servicingstop"

Within 45 minutes of emailing, a guy from Servicingstop came to the door . I showed him the filter and he has taken the car to a different garage to get a new filter. I said it should have new oil as well, because the old crap in the filter will have contaminated the current oil. I doubt whether they will do it but hopefully I've put the wind up them as I said I was going to have an independent mechanic look at it. Imagine doing a "full service" and not changing the oil filter. Cowboys. When I get the car back, I'll be having a look at the air filter.

Rear drums off/clean are not, AFAIK, on the official list of "full" service items published by VAG last time I looked, but obviously they ought to be!

You can ask for that to be added though.

There may a service definition that includes drums - but it's all semantics about what is meant by "full"!

@freemansteveUntil 2013 it was in Major Services with Skoda UK @ Fixed Prices even though not on the Workshop Check Sheet and not done.

Then they said Remove Wheels and remove drums.  I was posting about that for about 2 years after they stopped doing it but a broken spring was common on the rear drums of Mk2 Fabia with them.

As to Skoda Servicing now. Money for old rope.

This Citigo was not at a Skoda Dealers though was it?

1301280412_Screenshot2020-11-01at11_56_45.webp.526c37a64126d6df66bfdf8bccba9941.webp

Capture.JPG.d4b3472c9719ddab217821602b0a27a5.jpeg.45cadeaf036a2c68451c80af540d363a.jpeg.8e5fb43cfc105872654a97dc3052c66c.jpeg.28e25137cc559061de173e8005b4f955.jpeg

1039190636_Screenshot2021-09-29at07_53_36.jpg.994d2b104123865330d493df0f73629e.jpg.4060614ecaf863724d77483ade91b368.jpg

1025295341_Screenshot2021-09-29at07_53_17.jpg.f3e4a6dc63cb89105f9b1ac440bb1614.jpg.4ed61f3b03cbb7d9a31e7e6cdc3c1db6.jpg

Edited by toot

OK, they took the car to an Audi main agent in Farnborough . New oil filter fitted. I checked the air filter and it is new. The car looked like it had been driven through a field. Oil level is now higher than it was before the filter was fitted. I doubt whether half the stuff has been done but I have no proof. Thank goodness I marked the old oil filter. The garage will be getting a cracking review. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, qpr said:

I had booked through "servicingstop"

Don't use them again. 🥺

https://www.google.com/search?q=servicingstop&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB917GB917&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#lrd=0x48761f25af3952bb:0x658d56d80387beb1,1,,,,

1 hour ago, qpr said:

The garage will be getting a cracking review. 

Don't assume they took it to Audi Farnborough.

Thanks. AG Falco

• Like 1

Yes, I know all about them now. They book your car with a local garage, take a booking fee, then phone you to say your car needs hundreds of pounds of repairs for the MOT etc. They phoned my wife (her car) and read out a list of stuff it needed, amounting to just under £800 ! That's when I got involved and told them they were having a laugh. They quoted £279 for an outer CV boot! (£20 parts, plus an hours labour at most!) . My wife then phoned the garage where the car was (the collection guy said where it was going), and the mechanic said it had already passed the MOT and didn't need anything.

We thought that was honest, until I found the filter hadn't been changed. Afraid I went a bit over the top.  The Servicestop guy who came back for the car was actually from the Audi garage ( I phoned them), and had been told to get his arris to my gaff and sort it out. 

Servicestop had mixed reviews but the car only does about 5 miles a week so I went for the cheapest. Not always the best policy but I really only wanted the service book stamped as I look after most stuff myself usually

Lesson learned.

• Thanks 1

Long Story short.

Service Books & Stamps & dates not worth the paper they are written on.  As many know, Even a FMDSH might be a history of how little Servicing & Maintenance has been done.

And then the Service Books stopped going in the Cars and on-line it went, and still very little actual stuff gets done. 

It is not surprising really, often they have no idea what they are looking to have been done and now it might be Oil and inspection service and then extended scope. There might be a PDI and servicing and PSI when sold used.  Many want to see invoices and receipts.  A record of some short.  Which is why they ask for a paper print out at VW group main dealers.