How can I tell if the headlights are on?

I’ve got a 21 Scala and have possibly a stupid question.  

I don’t get a green dipped headlights symbol on the dashboard when the lights are on. I was driving in rain yesterday and have the option to automatically turn on in rain but had no way of telling if they were actually on. I get the blue symbol for fill beam but doesn’t seem to be the equivalent green. Is this possible?

51 minutes ago, CarlaTheScala said:

I don’t get a green dipped headlights symbol on the dashboard when the lights are on.

Is this possible?

No, the instruments don't have the software in them to display a green dipped beam symbol - in their 'wisdom' many car manufacturers have removed it!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

No, the instruments don't have the software in them to display a green dipped beam symbol - in their 'wisdom' many car manufacturers have removed it!

I did not know this.

How silly!

• Love it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

If it is like my 2023 Octavia, the light switch that is pressed to turn auto on also has a headlight symbol on it.

When the lights go on, this illuminates.

I checked it last night and it comes on and goes off with the infotainment navigation changes as the lights go on and off.

On 30/09/2023 at 22:41, twonks said:

If it is like my 2023 Octavia, the light switch that is pressed to turn auto on also has a headlight symbol on it.

When the lights go on, this illuminates.

I checked it last night and it comes on and goes off with the infotainment navigation changes as the lights go on and off.

I tried today and I think this happens for me too. The dial lights up if the headlights are on? Will keep testing it. Thank you!

IMG_3183.jpeg

IMG_3181.jpeg

• Like 1

On 02/10/2023 at 17:24, toot said:

@littleadeif it is daytime / daylight but raining are the dials obvious as being lit up because the lights came on in Auto?

I can see the difference on my dash, though that might be different to yours. The way I check if I'm not sure is to switch them off then back to auto while watching the dash if that helps 👍

Edited by littleade
Typo
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/09/2023 at 10:09, CarlaTheScala said:

I’ve got a 21 Scala and have possibly a stupid question.  

I don’t get a green dipped headlights symbol on the dashboard when the lights are on. I was driving in rain yesterday and have the option to automatically turn on in rain but had no way of telling if they were actually on. I get the blue symbol for fill beam but doesn’t seem to be the equivalent green. Is this possible?

The day after I bought my 2021 Fabia I had the headlights set to Auto and I noticed that the SatNav display turned to night-time mode each time the lights came on...

• Like 2