Superb Mk 3 Seat Memory

Yes many threads are already created on this if you wanted to search for them as its fairly common.

The first thing to try is run the seat to each of its end stops in both directions including the back support, at each end stop, press the button again to send it a tiny bit further. See if this resolves the issue.

If that doesnt fix it then a diagnostic tool is needed to check which travel direction is causing the fault and if it is 'not normed' or 'not standarized' as it makes a difference to the fix. As well as reading the end stop values on the min and max.

At that point a person more experienced with these tools is required to know what they are looking at in the live data and what is correct/incorrect.

I have the same problem on mine and tried the different options mentioned in the various threads.  I even tried using VCDS to reset and complete the normalising (I think it is called) where the seat automatically moves through all movements.  Still no joy.  So resigned myself to just moving the seat manually.

Error code I get is something like lumbar movement missing basic settings.  

23 hours ago, ApertureS said:

Yes many threads are already created on this if you wanted to search for them as its fairly common.

The first thing to try is run the seat to each of its end stops in both directions including the back support, at each end stop, press the button again to send it a tiny bit further. See if this resolves the issue.

If that doesnt fix it then a diagnostic tool is needed to check which travel direction is causing the fault and if it is 'not normed' or 'not standarized' as it makes a difference to the fix. As well as reading the end stop values on the min and max.

At that point a person more experienced with these tools is required to know what they are looking at in the live data and what is correct/incorrect.

Thank you for all the help, this seems to have worked. Happy day now!

• Like 1

@langers2kWondering if you can help here.  When I got my car a couple of years ago the memory buttons for the seat worked fine.  One time when moving the seat all the way back to hover underneath they stopped working,  I followed the move forward, back, etc. and it reset.  Then a e while later the same thing happened and no matter the combination of forward, back, up, down, etc. nothing would reset it.  Using VCDS I ran the basic settings a number of times but nothing seems to get rid of the error codes.  I've taken some photos of VCDS to show what I get.

Error Code 1:

image.thumb.png.af24143a75630459a7a6cfb38bae4966.png

Error Code 2:

image.thumb.png.7da4cc88447d27a8b227e33f6b5804eb.png

Error Code 3:

image.thumb.png.9c10a4a2583098d7313c5da8d3e4b86a.png

Module Info:

image.thumb.png.6408d84c7c845734c01f113f77f99c55.png

Advanced Info:

image.thumb.png.36a18ad35a4cb5a64cf6cb700385ace2.png

Thanks.

image.png

My seat controller module was replaced under warranty, about 4-5 yrs ago.

They tried a software update, but that didn't fix it.  So the module was replaced with this:-

Software number: 5Q0959760C
Software version: 0024
Hardware number: 5Q0959760C
Hardware version: H09

Before replacement, it was this:-

Software number: 5Q0959760B
Software version: 0021
Hardware number: 5Q0959760B
Hardware version: H08

more o less on the same subject ....my seats keep moving position ( both front seats).....the frivers seat has moved forward when I was driving !!!!    if anyone has had this happen and found a cure I would be delighted to know....Brian M

Hi, I've also been cursing as the seat memory of my Superb mk3 has stopped working and none of the möve/til forwatd/backward has helped. 

I just gave it one more go and this time moved the seat as back as it could go and then a bit more and in frustration kept pushing the move button backward for a 10sec or so and guess what, "ding..ding"!

Damn thing started working again :)

5 hours ago, LSA said:

Hi, I've also been cursing as the seat memory of my Superb mk3 has stopped working and none of the möve/til forwatd/backward has helped. 

I just gave it one more go and this time moved the seat as back as it could go and then a bit more and in frustration kept pushing the move button backward for a 10sec or so and guess what, "ding..ding"!

Damn thing started working again :)

Yes. Unpredictable. I'm wondering if some switch cleaner in the electrics might help. I know there's a lot of advice about computer diagnostics, but my electronics background is nagging at me. Intermittent faults aren't often deep in the computer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, brianmullin said:

more o less on the same subject ....my seats keep moving position ( both front seats).....the frivers seat has moved forward when I was driving !!!!    if anyone has had this happen and found a cure I would be delighted to know....Brian M

I've had ghis, but being hugely overweight (diet in progress) and with the steeding wheel axjusted out as far as it woukd go, I was convinced it was trying to kill me!! My car is now called Christene.

PS. No cure. Only did it once.