Gear shifter knob change

Good afternoon, 

I own a skoda octavia 2017 and the gear knob does not look to good. 

I would like to change it with a new one but the price for exact one with  exact part number, 5E2 713 123 AK DYT, is not to cheap. Instead I did find one from a Skoda Yety, part number 5L2 713 123 B SHM, they look quite similar by just looking a some pictures. 

Did anyone in the past tried to replace their gear knob shifter and used something similar an not the exact part, but genuine and not after market. 

Many thanks, 

Claud

IMG_20230925_155602.jpg

Screenshot_20230926_121854_eBay.jpg

Edited by SClaude

I changed mine to the one found in a lot of VW cars, Tiguan, T-Cross, Golf etc.

Essentially as long as the release button is in the same place (front) it should fit.

The one I got came from a T-Cross I think after some messing about I was able to get the gaiter off and move it over.

Let me know if you want a picture as not sure I took any.

Nick 

• Like 1

The worn parts can be replaced in situ, I bought the following from AliExpress.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £20.69  10%OFF | For Skoda Octavia Superb Fabia Yeti DSG Gear Shift Knob Leather Side Cover Interior Parts Accessories
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqp2npM

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 26/09/2023 at 12:12, SClaude said:

Good afternoon, 

I own a skoda octavia 2017 and the gear knob does not look to good. 

I would like to change it with a new one but the price for exact one with  exact part number, 5E2 713 123 AK DYT, is not to cheap. Instead I did find one from a Skoda Yety, part number 5L2 713 123 B SHM, they look quite similar by just looking a some pictures. 

Did anyone in the past tried to replace their gear knob shifter and used something similar an not the exact part, but genuine and not after market. 

Many thanks, 

Claud

IMG_20230925_155602.jpg

Screenshot_20230926_121854_eBay.jpg

What about replacing it with one of 4x4 or VRS or manual? Would any of these fit, even do the part number are a bit different?

Screenshot_20240203_163604_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240203_162403_eBay_1706977960482.jpg

Screenshot_20240203_162437_eBay.jpg

On 28/02/2018 at 11:09, WayTooTall said:

Just had the MOT done on my car, and she passed but with advisories. The front pads are 75% worn, but have lipped front discs, so recommended to have Front Discs and Pads, and the Rear Discs are badly pitted and Scored, but the pads OK.

If I go to Skoda I am look at £600 on new discs and pads all round.

A local garage can get me a new set for £400, but didn't specify the brand.

So looking for any other recommendations that people have

You can do it yourself for around half the price the garage are quoting or even less.