Niggly little throttle problem

HI All, newly registered here today, but have visited the forum many times for tech info. Hoping someone could shed some light etc on a niggly little problem i have with my Octavia 2 - 1.6tdi CAYC 2011. Had the car for getting on 8 years now and its been fantstic. Usual maintenance etc. Over the last couple of years the car has very slowly acquired a very small niggly but noticeable, to me anyway, a hesitation, a slight difference in timing between the throttle pedal and the acceleration. To be honest I dont know exactly how to describe it. Its a very small uptake, Probably if you drove it you would not notice, but i do. On a long journey its getting a bit tiresome. And in traffic its getting a bit jerky. And its having a small effect on the cruise control. Get the speed just right going down hill and it feels very unhappy. I have come to notice it more as hired a van the other day and was a pleasure to drive it without the jerk. I have tried to find a relative thread here on the forum but cant find anything. I know the car has a by wire arrangement from pedal to throttle so have checked all connections. NO codes have ever come up. I do have an IcarSoft reader which I used but nothing is out of the ordinary. I am thinking of wear in the Throttle body. Maybe in the brass gears inside. I have tried the static pedal to floor switch on and leave for 1 minute but that doesnt work. I am able to replace throttle body myself, but have read you have to have VCDS to re-programme both. My other thinking is if I was to remove body and open up the side to replace brass gears with a kit, Would I be OK in not needing VCDS.

Or does anyone have any other pointers I can go down, maybe I am in the wrong area of thinking..................................kind regards.

MicMac ................ joined this forum to hopefully get away from idiots.

Paws .................... If you cant read a joined up text, then bullet points were invented for you.

Anybody out there able to give me an honest reply, cut the crap people, first thread and I get the usual ****. Sorry administrator but I am fed up of idiots hijacking a really reasonable request. I thought just for once that this was a helpful and a mature forum.

@titan1

If you don't think varnish and carbon deposits in the fuel sytem not to mention the combustion byproducts gumming up valves etc. are a problem then you just keep driving your unicorn.

You're getting no more suggestions from this idiot.

@titan1 The issue is that I don't know what your slab of text is supposed to say  and I don't see why I should expend effort on understanding what you meant correctly and then doing you the favour of giving you a correct solution. I'd block you but 5 posts in 11 years says that's not worth the effort.

Thats mighty fine by be MicMac...........bye bye.

Paws...So you cant understand the problem, so you just blabber on about anything that comes into your head. Just read it over and over until it sinks in. Why the arguement straight out of the block instead of giving your correct solution at the beginning. The comments you and the other person give are not needed.

13 minutes ago, titan1 said:

Thats mighty fine by be MicMac...........bye bye.

Paws...So you cant understand the problem, so you just blabber on about anything that comes into your head. Just read it over and over until it sinks in. Why the arguement straight out of the block instead of giving your correct solution at the beginning. The comments you and the other person give are not needed.

Well, done, you're blocked.

thankyou BreezyPete, will carry on awaiting a reply hopefully from Crasher when he is not so busy and has time.

MicMac .......... you sure do have an attitude problem with everybody.

Anyway, a quick question regarding the throttle body. If I was to remove it, clean it and check it for gear or spindle wear, on refitting would I still have to use a VCDS to pair it to the ECU at all. Or as its compatible could I just refit it and it will work. ....................thanks

Obviously it might not be this but as always its a trial and error, suck it and see, substitution method before i invest in an OEM part.

Edited by titan1

• 4 weeks later...