Fan blower not working.

Good morning, hope you’re all well.

My fan blower has stopped working. The lights for the plus/minus still light up, but there’s no fan coming on. I’ve checked the fuses (side dash compartment 40 amp) and all is good. The blower has always worked and was never noisy, just one day it stopped working. Any other suggestions as to where the issue lies?

many thanks Ben

2011 2.0 tdi estate elegance 

• 3 weeks later...

My blower fan in 2012 118TSI stopped working a few months ago, auto electrician reported no charge across positive and negative terminals so needed a new fan

They replaced with an aftermarket passat fan (same part number), buit it didn't blow at all (even though the fan was spinning furiously)
Ended up replacing with a genuine and the fan now blows fine

My only remaining problem is it now takes 2-5min for the fan to start after starting the car.

• 1 month later...

Just replaced my blower motor, did exactly the same thing, worked intermittently for a few days, water gets into to the internal connections and corrodes them, for the price, it's just simply not worth trying to clean/oil/repair as the problem just returns and the parts are cheap enough. Even with a new part, it will happen again in a few years.