Wow, this forum is ultra quiet!

phazed

I have been tracking my vRS MK1 for about 3 1/2 years now. I’ve done about 30 Track Days. Just discovered this forum.

Does anyone else track their car? Seems awfully quiet!

IMG_0127.png

There aren't many fun Skoda drivers left anymore. It's middle aged/old people who just do basic things and enjoy the car for what it is. They wont touch a forum. Then there are the MK1 vrs drivers which most of them wont use a forum and just do the PD130 death maps. This forum is well and truly dead and it saddens me.

True enough. When I joined up here it was way more active which is a shame. 

still it’s great that the collective knowledge of members is available when needed. Just seems to be a long wait for response these days. 

Yeah. I joined the forum in the hopes of going to meet ups and shows with people and there hasn't been a single meet this entire year. There was talks of one but thats as far as it got. I came from Japanese car ownership to Skoda as I needed an estate and the Japanese car scene is fantastic.

Many forums I visited around y2k are mostly abandoned or offline today thanks to social media.

I also think the average attention span of many people can't manage anything longer than a twitter post or tiktok video.

I run a german fan forum for the sisters of mercy myself, we also lost many active members over the years but luckily it's fairly active thanks to the people who stick with us.

@intital question:

I don't track my car since it's a company car and with 115ps I would probably end up as the joke of the day^^ I do a little sim racing though.

Your vRS looks in great shape though, must be fun to do some laps.

• Like 2

I guess you mean the Track Day Action sub forum, the forum as a whole is one of the few remaining really active forums on the net.

Skoda have not made any suitable vehicles for track days for decades, its debatable even then if they were, anyone owning one now has a rare classic and is probably more interested in either keeping it on the road as a daily driver or renovating it where in most cases its desirable to remove all the visible supposed performance mods and put it back to factory standard spec.

• Like 3

I can't speak for others either, but I'm in a position where I'd organise something, but life gets in the way, not to mention the cost of living cairry oan we find ourselves in.

Be the change you want to see, and so on. :)

• Like 1

Facebook has killed a lot of forums IMO. A shame really as Facebook can't organise discussions in the way a forum can and you'll get dozens of posts asking the same thing whereas on a forum all one has to do is find the relevant section. 

I saw this posted the other day but it's not new.

FB_IMG_1698525466074.thumb.jpg.372386bd09bd34414fe90ff8378d2a3f.jpg

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 2