What is your favourite thing about your Kamiq?

Stoker

Ours hasn't arrived yet but shouldn't be too long now. In the mean time I've been inspired to browsing the forum but it doesn't change that often 🙃.

So I wondered what everyone enjoys most about theirs.

Perhaps its

The fuel economy?

The Panoramic glass roof?

The comfort?

The simply clever bits?

The Colour?

The Sat Nav?

The digital Cockpit? or the standard dials for that matter.

The Reliability?

The size?

Edited by Stoker

Best car I’ve ever had (and I’ve had a few). Why?:

So relaxing to drive

Quiet

Good seating position though some say it’s too low

Good space in rear and luggage compartment 

Good acceleration with kickdown

Great economy (have achieved 60mpg on a long run on A roads)

Supple ride but no undue roll

Infotainment excellent with very few glitches

Great toys - Apple AirPlay, heated seats, rear view camera, and (my favourite which I specced as an option), heated steering wheel 

100% reliable so far

Long life servicing

I think you’ll like yours

Edited by marineboy
  • Like 2

Easier to say what I don't enjoy, and that's only being able to adjust blower speed etc via the infotainment system. Thankfully Skoda have seen sense and there are now rotary controls etc in the facelifted model.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sussamb said:

Easier to say what I don't enjoy, and that's only being able to adjust blower speed etc via the infotainment system. Thankfully Skoda have seen sense and there are now rotary controls etc in the facelifted model.

Thats good to know all round.

Favourite things - very quiet, good gearbox (DSG model), very good economy (settings are on eco mode), a journey of any length (even as low as 30 miles) can give low to high 50s per gallon and even short runs can turn in 40mpg plus depending on traffic conditions.  Best performance 60.2mpg on a 44m trip.  A recent 56 mile drive starting  at 50m above sea level and involving climbing Sutton Bank  (294m) and ending at Ripon (40m above sea level) turned in 56.4mpg.

Bad points - driver's seat too low and the body shape widens out towards the window line and this obscures lines delineating parking spaces and, as a result, you need to have the driver's door mirror adjusted so you can see these in it and that stupid air con control system via a screen.

Otherwise, best car I've ever owned and I've owned Toyata Yaris, Mercedes A class and VW Polos as well as various Skodas starting with an S100l.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't find the drivers seat too low and I don't even have it on the highest setting, nor do I struggle with lines delineating parking spaces. Have you tried adjusting your seat height?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sussamb said:

I don't find the drivers seat too low and I don't even have it on the highest setting, nor do I struggle with lines delineating parking spaces. Have you tried adjusting your seat height?

I have seen YouTube videos saying it's low.....but low for an SUV bracket car.

So it's perception I guess. If it was considered a hatchback I doubt that association would apply.

Apparently the car sits 40mm higher than (ummmm...can't remember but some other cars either in its class or perhaps higher than the Fabia...wish I had a memory)

Edited by Stoker
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Favourite things - very quiet, good gearbox (DSG model), very good economy (settings are on eco mode),

Especially pleased to hear this bit. I have a VW with DSG and it's great but some reports for the 1.0L & DSG haven't been very favourable. The one I test drove was perfectly OK.

Edited by Stoker

2 hours ago, sussamb said:

I have the seat at maximum height.  Were it higher, the other problem would be improved if not removed entirely.

1 hour ago, Stoker said:

I have seen YouTube videos saying it's low.....but low for an SUV bracket car.

So it's perception I guess. If it was considered a hatchback I doubt that association would apply.

Apparently the car sits 40mm higher than (ummmm...can't remember but some other cars either in its class or perhaps higher than the Fabia...wish I had a memory)

I had a Fabia for 90,000 miles with no problems with seat height and parking.  The Fabia scuttle line was lower than the Kamiq's, hence the problem with the Kamiq.

1 hour ago, Stoker said:

Especially pleased to hear this bit. I have a VW with DSG and it's great but some reports for the 1.0L & DSG haven't been very favourable. The one I test drove was perfectly OK.

I had DSG on my Fabia and had no problems in 90,000 miles.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sussamb said:

Hmmm. I'm 6 foot, maybe that helps

Same here.  My missus just px’d her 70 plate Fabia which she had for 2 years which I drove regularly and the Kamiq seating is noticeably higher than the Fabia, and it isn’t on the highest setting.

The drivers view of the road, side and rear is very good in my opinion.

Ive owned all sorts of cars, from Audi to Peugeot to Ford etc but the Kamiq MC is head and shoulders better than all of them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sussamb said:

Same here.  My missus just px’d her 70 plate Fabia which she had for 2 years which I drove regularly and the Kamiq seating is noticeably higher than the Fabia, and it isn’t on the highest setting.

Ive owned all sorts of cars, from Audi to Peugeot to Ford etc but the Kamiq MC is head and shoulders better than all of them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sussamb said:

Ah, two inches taller than I am and it would certainly help.  I've solved the seat height problem after a fashion by a Tempur seat cushion.

3 hours ago, carefree said:

It's your extra height that does it.  As I've said in another post, I use a Tempur seat cushion which helps with the problem.  Maybe the MC seating is different to the SEL.

2 minutes ago, Northam said:

DSG gearbox, my first auto and it’s fantastic especially on the twisty hills of North Devon.

Agree. Easy to flick into sport mode when required and can use in manual if you want. Thought I would use manual a lot but the automatic is so good I generally only use manual to hold onto a gear going down steep hills.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sussamb said:

Could be both if circumstances are correct, same behaviour as my Karoq. Not sure why you're asking?

I was just confused by the post that said it holds a lower gear downhill as I know my VW does this but typically I do coast once over the brow of the hill and dabbing the brakes as necessary leaves me in coasting mode most of the time when the brake is released (or maybe just the same gear).

After reading Marineboys post I thought maybe the gearing down meant there was no coasting function.

Edited by Stoker