What is your favourite thing about your Kamiq?

Stoker

• 2 weeks later...

As a new owner still in the honey moon period with the car, yet author of this thread I thought I had better chime in.

I like so much about it thats new to me from the Skoda brand so deeper thought takes me to this........

The size!

It's not small inside and it's not like I feel I'm dragging something unnecessary about.

I've had bigger SUV's (X3 & Evoque) I've had estate cars and currently (as I keep managing to throw into posts 😞) I have a VW California to feel high and mighty in.

Also have regular use of a Fiesta and the car this Kamiq replaced was a Kia Cee'd, so finding it nicely spacious on the inside and still pretty small outside.

Edited by Stoker
  • Like 1

Got 1.0 SE DSG with a few added options on three year lease in March 2021. Best car I'd ever had. Owing to that I enquired in Nov 2023 about leasing another. I was in for a surprise - order lead time 12 months. So, 8 months beyond the March termination. 

What were the options?

Place order for new Kamiq. Extend the lease for 12 months. When new Kamiq arrives terminate the extended lease.

Terminate the lease in Nov 2023 - 4 months early with no penalty (Yes, I too was surprised). That sounded good but......no from-stock cars available. And no forecast as to when. 

Buy the car. With 10,000 miles from new, figure from Skoda Finance £18,120. I checked valuation from online sites. Best £15100. £3K less. So, no thank you.

PCP a used Kamiq. Searched around the dealer network but couldn't find a suitable specced example.

Finally, decided to opt for a used Karoq, 1.5 SE Drive.  

So, to get to the point of this thread; Is the Kamiq still the best car I've ever had? By a whisker, YES. The Karoq is every bit as refined and much quicker - 150bhp. The only aspect that lets it down in comparison is the 'drone' from the 1.5 engine when cruising. Around town it's not noticeable. But, on motor way it is.     

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sussamb said:

Never noticed a drone from our Karoq, which is also a 1.5TSI

I notice the 'drone' purely because it was absent in the Kamiq. It's not something that irritates or spoils the enjoyment. It's just there. The Karoq is a superb machine.     

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 02/01/2024 at 19:44, Routemaster1461 said:

The drone comes in when the engine goes into 2 cylinder mode. That obviously will not happen in a 1.0 TSi. I don't know whether the 4 cylinder 1.5 TSi has a 2 cylinder mode.

Yes, the 1.5 ACT engine in mine has 2-cylinder mode. But, the drone isn't limited to when in that mode only.