Thoughts on the look of the Mark 2

I've been giving some idle thought to the look of the new model based on photos in the media.  I've heard others say that they think it looks a little 'portly' compare with the mark 1.  I think I can see that.  In my option, the new model hasn't benefited from losing the sharp crease line above the door handles (and lining up with the lower edge of the bonnet).  What do you think?

image.png.809c0ec60f5ca2cda2f2fc4cfcd9e483.pngSkoda Kodiaq - front action

I think there’s a whole MkII forum you should post this sort of thing in… 😉.

I’m trying not to jump to conclusions. My first instinct when I saw the MkI facelift was that it was uglier than the original. Now, I think the original looks very dated and the facelift looks much better. Again, my first instinct when I saw the MkII was that it is very fugly; if I do stick with a Kodiaq for my next car, then it would have to be a SportLine or a vRS - there’s no way I could go with the silver d-pillar - but that’s likely to make it very expensive, at which point I’m going to be seriously looking at alternatives in the value-for-money stakes.

Not a huge fan.

Hate the silver in the pillar and in the rear in some versions.  Looks cheap imo.

As for the ipad inside..........

Overall probably saved me a few thousand by not tempting me to trade in.

In all honesty I feel that Skoda has also lost a fair bit in the value stakes.  When it does come to trade in they may well not be top of the short list for me.

Maybe it's just me but I like the silver d pillar, although it is quite colour sensitive. 

Overall its not as taut a design as the Mk1 though and does seem a bit more 'bloated'. 

9 hours ago, skomaz said:

Maybe it's just me but I like the silver d pillar, although it is quite colour sensitive.

To my eyes it'd only work on a silver car :D

It's one of the things I dislike about the Q2 - looks odd. A black pillar looks a little better. The current design looks better still. 

2 hours ago, kodiaqsportline said:

To my eyes it'd only work on a silver car :D

It's one of the things I dislike about the Q2 - looks odd. A black pillar looks a little better. The current design looks better still. 

Hmmm...   I tend to disagree - I looked at a silver version on the website with the silver rear panel and it didn't look right at all - it works much better with some of the darker shades (albeit not black).  Personally I think the new Mk2 shape is very much colour dependant, with the darker colours working better than the lighter ones.

On 30/10/2023 at 22:17, xspartx said:

Not a huge fan.

Hate the silver in the pillar and in the rear in some versions.  Looks cheap imo.

As for the ipad inside..........

Overall probably saved me a few thousand by not tempting me to trade in.

In all honesty I feel that Skoda has also lost a fair bit in the value stakes.  When it does come to trade in they may well not be top of the short list for me.

And now it's going to cost me a lot more than that as I LOVE the look of the 2024 Santa Fe.   

My poor bank balance 😞

I like the MkII, I also like the MkI facelift, but I still prefer the MkI.

It looks dated, but then so it should, it pre dates two other iterations, but in the case of the Kodiaq the MkI still looks very fresh and most importantly to me, much more distinctive and bolder than all other SUV’s of the same era.

My Kodiaq is not just my last Kodiaq but my last Skoda. The competition have caught up, and in quite a few cases overtaken Skoda.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, linni said:

MK II looks pretty nice, compared to previous one, but most powerful engine has 200PS? Not for me.

Tiguan R-Line will get a 265PS TSI engine which Skoda will use for an RS model

2 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Tiguan R-Line will get a 265PS TSI engine which Skoda will use for an RS model

That's a more than fair assumption, however I note the mark 2 cars are also set to be heavier I understand?  At least it shouldn't be any worse than the current VRS from a performance point of view, and I have high hopes for the improved DCC.

12 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

No - do you want to bet that it won't share the top end non-R Tiguan driveline though?

Not so sure about this, but petrol RS is anyway a big question mark. I need newtonmeters more than horses.

7 hours ago, linni said:

Not so sure about this, but petrol RS is anyway a big question mark. I need newtonmeters more than horses.

I don't see a reason for this to change unfortunately. The days of the BiTDI are long over for new production.