2015 L&K Yeti with drivers side waterleak - only 20k milage but May

Kevandkatie

I have a leak that’s seems to be coming in just on the drivers side behind the side of the dash. I dried things out and pushed in jammed an old towel plus put one on the door side of the floor. I’ve read all the very helpful stuff about sunroof and cleaned the drains with a wire as described. As I was still getting a leak I have taped up the sunroof but the leak still persists. In case the seal round the windscreen glasslike or the screen bonding was damaged I’ve also taped up round the screen but still the leak persists. I cleaned/checked the bottom door drains albeit they were clear plus too low to cause the issue. I have seen someone mentioning a scuttle drain but how do you get to that and could it cause this problem. The Yeti that I was previously very happy with I have had serviced every year with the same main dealer since new plus it recently had 4 new tyres. I made a general enquiry of the main dealer about water leaks but wasn’t impressed when they didn’t seem to know/acknowledge all the stuff I’ve read on Briskoda and just said the would douse the car with water to see where it was coming from even though I’d eliminated the things mentioned. I love the car which is great for my me and my dog but really cannot find the scuttle drain. I also saw the 3 holes for drawing by the windscreen wipers but agin have no idea if the drivers side one could cause this. (I’m not using the aircon so hopefully that’s not involved. I’d really hate to have to get rid of my car which I really love. 

18 hours ago, Kevandkatie said:

...(I’m not using the aircon so hopefully that’s not involved. I’d really hate to have to get rid of my car which I really love. 

I can't help with any ideas of the source of your water leak, but I do strongly recommend you have your aircon turned on - if only to help dry the car interior out and reduce condensation.

Admittedly my Yeti is older than yours but I suffered a windscreen leak which worsened over time, you could see the water dripping into the car from the top of the windscreen.

Apparently not an unknown fault on earlier Yetis due to an unsuccessful change of windscreen adhesive.

Windscreen taken out by fitter and resealed - seems to be working….

• 2 weeks later...
  • On 03/11/2023 at 17:27, TR250man said:

Admittedly my Yeti is older than yours but I suffered a windscreen leak which worsened over time, you could see the water dripping into the car from the top of the windscreen.

Apparently not an unknown fault on earlier Yetis due to an unsuccessful change of windscreen adhesive.

Windscreen taken out by fitter and resealed - seems to be working….

Thanks for the all the replies. We’ve also read the excellent material by the person (whose logon I’ve forgotten) who put a 7 side attachment concerning the sunroof leak. This article has over 30 pages of replies, comments and response. Anyway, I have tried sealing the joins in the sunroof frame but will get Tolleys that was suggested. I also have, thanks been using the aircon as it’s not the source of a leak but, as you say, help ensuring it’s dry. As also suggested thanks it could be a leak round the windscreen so I’m taping that up to see if that’s a source. It’s very annoying as a friend of ours also purchased a new L&K Yeti at nearly the same time and theirs is even lower mileage but hasn’t had a leak. They mentioned that they had heard on a forum (not sure if it’s Briskoda) that if cars are not jacked up evenly when changing tyres etc this can result in windscreen leaks due to presumably the adhesive issue and/or sunroof leaks as described by the guy who posted the 7 side attachment and many useful answers. I will update the post after or next set of checks. Thanks, to all.

Mileage really has nothing to do with anything with vehicles, if not driving they are outside parked unless garaged all the time.

So they are in all seasons, sun, rain, wind, snow / ice etc. 

Then there are people with vehicles parked or driven in locations all over the place.

38 minutes ago, Kevandkatie said:

they had heard on a forum (not sure if it’s Briskoda) that if cars are not jacked up evenly when changing tyres etc this can result in windscreen leaks

I heard that Santa Claus was real.