Traffic sign recognition

Hi grup. I have Superb 2017 L&K, So recently I bought obdeleven, to unlock traffic sign recognition. I have unlimited plan, so I have done it by one click app. Firstly I thought everything went well as its start appearing on dashboard. But I have released that its only showing speed signs nothing else, where I saw on YouTube video that is should showing other signs. Also my navigation only showing speed limits which looks like it's taken from camera not from navigation. For example when it's recognised sign 40mph and then I'm on motorway where is 70mph it's still showing me 40mph. Is anyone had same thing?
Thanks

img_1_1699285270011.jpg

I had my traffic sign recognition unlocked by a fellow member with VCDS and it only ever shows the speed limit from the sign via the camera and not from the navigation.   I assume the advantage is that the limit should be correct as any recent changes or temporary limits will be shown.   However, as you point out, if it picks up the wrong sign then the wrong speed is displayed.

As far as I'm aware, the only other sign it displays is the rarely used (in the UK) no overtaking sign.  I was quite impressed with this when travelling through other European countries, such as Germany, in that it ignores no overtaking signs when they have a plate underneath showing it only applies to lorries or cars towing a trailer or caravan.  What other signs did you see it showing or was this on a later model?

When travelling abroad it also shows dual limits, such as French motorways which are 130 kph in the dry and 110 kph in the rain.

• Thanks 1

My TSR was unlocked by VCDS. In my experience, there must be a bit of sat/nav guidance, because when I get the max speed sign (white circle with a black diagonal line through it) on a highway, the TSR shows 60mph, but when I'm on a motorway it shows 70mph.

I don't blindly follow the TSR though. Sometimes it displays incorrect info. In London, a lot of the 20mph speed restrictions are just painted on the road.

It seems the whole of the north and south circular is 20mph! Mayor Khan really does want to get us out of our cars.

• Thanks 1

Thank you All for replying. That why I think something isn't right with my tsr as I believe it's should works with sat/nav and read from map and also from signs. I've done it, via odb11 one lick app, but then I founded video with long coding and I have done it. There was, one point to code function, so sat navigation working separately with speed limits to camera. But it's still doesn't work correctly. Just think if that one click app mess up something with long coding. 

There are three options for TSR changed by setting Road sign detection fusion mode in A5:

- Electronic horizon which only uses satnav data

- Sign recognition which only uses camera data

- Fusion which combines the two, this is the factory default

When the camera does pick up a speed limit sign, that'll normally override the satnav data as it's likely a temporary speed limit (roadworks/traffic etc). If it doesn't see a repeater after some distance, it should resort back to the satnav data. If you haven't already, make sure the satnav has the latest maps installed...

Annoyingly it can sometimes pick up signs from side streets, parallel roads and once even from the back of a truck :D

Given your original description, it does sound like the above may have occurred and it's working normally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From what langers2k says above, mine must be working by the default fusion option.  In Wales, it's currently reverting to 30 mph when I'm away from the 20 mph signs, but I guess it'll be corrected when the maps are updated.

I'm currently in Tenerife and we've hired a Cupra Leon ST for the duration of our stay.  It's got a large navigation screen that looks similar to the one that'll be in the latest Superb and the TSR shows various signs that mine doesn't, such as slippery road, bends, crossroads, etc, so maybe the new Superb will show these as well?

• Thanks 1