OCU Update

SteffLimitless

Hi there, hope i am in the correct subforum. I recently updated my 5F Unit (Amundsen) to 0324 on my Scala MY20.

on the update file from mibsolution.one i installed, was written OCUGen3…. But with a minus at the and instead of „OK“. Seems like the OCU Software was missing in this file.

Or am i wrong and it’s just possible with ODIS? 
The thing is, the SOS Module is sometimes preventing engine start with showing Front assist and more errors on the VC. After 5 times pushing ignition button, engine starts, just one error left in VC: SOS Module error and OCU LED is red. After start and restart engine this error is gone and everything works like it should. Very strange this behavior so i thought on OCU problem. Already fixed another OCU problem with update to 0139 at dealer (warranty) 2 Years ago.

Any idea?

thanks in advance for your answers.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, SteffLimitless said:

I have 5F already on 0330. And Virtual Cockpit on 4310. All done through USB.

Can you tell me where I can find 4310 update?

Good morning, sorry to intrude, I have a Kamiq style MY2020 and my OCU was upgraded for a recall in 2021 to H20 version 0139, I saw that there are two upgrades the 0141 and 0143, can I upgrade mine directly to version 0143 or upgrade first to 0141 as done for MIB3? Thank you for the kind response

2 hours ago, Rainesh said:

puede actualizar directamente a 0143

The OCU and the Virtual copckit updates must be do with VCDS or ODis following TPI's or can be do It simply with USB and clearing after this the VCM error as MIB3?

15 minutes ago, vegarz said:

The OCU and the Virtual copckit updates must be do with VCDS or ODis following TPI's or can be do It simply with USB and clearing after this the VCM error as MIB3?

USB and clearing error as MIB3 yes

• Like 1

Sorry to hijack the thread but I wanted to ask about OCU updates on my Skoda Kamiq (MY20 late).

Recently purchased car has issues with SOS on motorways, seems signal related. Checked the OCU version and it is 0035 which seems to be an extremely old version. From some TPIs I saw in another thread during a previous recall program they were putting several versions in the 80s on and now there is 135, 143. My car was manufactured months after the recall and probably should never have been sold with this version on it.

The TPI mentions changing the input parameters of the emergency call function to be via CAN bus only, otherwise the unit may call SOS unexpectedly. I may be able to do this using an OBD code set. As I don't have access to all the intermediate versions and the TPIs I think having it done at a dealer will be necessary to fully avoid issues. I know dealer service can vary so I was hoping to avoid unnecessary back and forth (it was purchased through a non Skoda dealer, further complicating this) if it is just a single flash of latest version and one code change plus coding the new version. That being said if I can get across that this unit missed the recall, it could be quite simple.

Is there any guide to fully updating this old OCU software from 35 to a modern version? I have only seen limited variants of the firmware. My unit is 5WA035284B H20, ideally I can find an exact match as there seems to be a few different variants also.

Updating the head unit software seems more simple, currently it is on 270 and it can be fully updated with a couple of flashes as the navigation flag is already set.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated,

Scott

Edited by scottie1010

Hi Rainesh,

This is what was pulled from Car Scanner on OBDII.

Manufacturer spare part number: 5WA035284B

Manufacturer ECU software version: 0035

Manufacturer ECU hardware number: 5WA035284B

System name: OCUGen3High

ODX file id: EV_OCUGen3High

HW ver.: H20

ASAM ver.: 003005

Scott 

12 minutes ago, scottie1010 said:

Hi Rainesh,

This is what was pulled from Car Scanner on OBDII.

Manufacturer spare part number: 5WA035284B

Manufacturer ECU software version: 0035

Manufacturer ECU hardware number: 5WA035284B

System name: OCUGen3High

ODX file id: EV_OCUGen3High

HW ver.: H20

ASAM ver.: 003005

Scott 

Update to 088 and then 143

• Love it! 1

Thanks, is there a good source for these files? I have seen various ones online but unclear which version and if suitable for the "B" variant in 5WA035284B.

Also I will need to do the coding to change the input parameters for the SOS?

Hi,sorry to intervene,I have a Kamiq built in Jann 2020 and I post you the picture of my situation after TPI recall done in July 2020.

image.png.709210508713dadc146a77c3551dd260.png

8 minutes ago, GiscoYeti said:

Hi,sorry to intervene,I have a Kamiq built in Jann 2020 and I post you the picture of my situation after TPI recall done in July 2020.

Update to 143

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GiscoYeti said:

Thanks for sharing, it seems they brought you up to version 139. I wonder whether it was on 88 before or 35 as mine seems to be.

My car is too new to be technically part of the recall, but clearly was not resolved in my OCU at point of registration. The SOS malfunction is a daily occurrence so I will have to flash it or explain to the seller / local dealer.