Hit The 399999 km Today Ya cant beat a Skoda Superb Diesel !!

Congratulations, thats a fair old distance 👍

We have a longstanding thread that's just perfect for this:

Gaz

How's the DPF holding up or have you modified it to allow the air to pass though? 

I'm quite please to be nearing 250k in my Octavia TR but 400k is a nice distance!!

My dad in law has one that is over 300,000kms and still going strong despite all the abuse it gets!

Not sure if mine will ever get there but my current plan is to keep it long term so will have to see.

In reply to Gabbo ,I left the DPF it standard as it went good enough for me with the standard setup . But like I said , every 10000 kilometers new oil and filter ,its cheaper than a new engine in the long run ! I go to my local drive in oil change workshop they do the work and I just sit in the car and drink a coffee 🙂

Edited by beemergb

I do mainly long journeys each day ~150km and also service at the approved "adaptive" intervals which means every year for me.

I keeping meaning to ask the dealer for a DPF measurement but I think I'll buy an OBD11 this year so that I can monitor it better.

I want to keep the car another 5 years if possible so hoping it can reach >300k km without needing to replace it

I have the sister car. 2017 Passat BiTDi 240bhp remapped to 290bhp from new. 312,000 KM’s (195,000) miles. Oil changes every 10k miles. Engine is like new even on it’s original DPF. Doesn’t use a drop of oil between services.

Things i have replaced in that mileage:

Flywheel. Replaced DSG clutch pack as the gearbox was off anyway (160k miles)

Front passenger wheel bearing recently

Fuel regulator valve that sits on the top of the CR pump

2 broken rear springs

That’s it apart from brakes pads and rear disks at one stage. The battery sounds like me on a Monday morning apart from that nothing else.

• Like 2

That's good to hear. Mine is 155.000 so barely broken. Good news, as I plan to own it and drive it many more years and kilometers.

On 11/01/2024 at 07:11, beemergb said:

Well changing the oil and oil filter every 10000 km does pay out !! And 2 minutes later hit the big 400000 km !!

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

Congratulations on achieving the distance.

The idling consumption of 0.9 and 1.0L/H seems unusually high. Was the engine still cold?

Had to change the AGR , the butterfly fell off .and the spidle that turns the butterfly was seized .I changed one injector and washed out the dfp .They where all not in bad condtion , but I guess the faulty agr screwed it all up ! Cant complain though ,and its still agreat car to drive ! Just fitted the Osram H-7 Night Breaker LEDs , now I can see at night ! If you get them for this model built in 2012 you have to buy a conversion adapter kit  , only cost a few bucks , but it aligns the beams, and is well worth the money to see at last , as standard there a bit iffy !!! 

3.jpg

IMG_0056 (1).jpg

• 2 months later...
On 19/01/2024 at 22:19, MrRich said:

Is this still on the factory DPF, injectors, egr valve etc?

Hi there , yes it is all untouched , Ive always changed my oil every 10,000 km , my last car a Volvo diesel had 650,000 and no problems .Still going Im told ! And Ive never had any problems with the turbo , they dont like dirty oil ! The only major thing was the AGR , and aftre looking indide  it , apart from ther butterfly falling off , it was clean no carbon crud buildup .People are alway saying very ten grand oil change  no way !! I say how much a new engine or turbo :-)

On 19/01/2024 at 11:51, Gerrycan said:

The idling consumption of 0.9 and 1.0L/H seems unusually high. Was the engine still cold?

On 19/01/2024 at 11:51, Gerrycan said:

Yes it was kinfreezing ! -4.5 here in Germany 🙂