MySkoda app is now supporting Octavia iV

Got yesterday email from Skoda saying I can now use MySkoda app. Previously it was supporting only Enyaq.

App seems a bit faster and more stable, but not that much. Some bugs are still there, like app claiming car us not plugged while it is. Anyway, thought people might be interested to try it out.

Cheers

• Like 1

I got a similar email too, it supports all Mk4 Octavia models so it seems, though naturally differing levels of functionality across the range.

As you say, seems a bit quicker than the My Škoda ‘essentials’ app I’ve been using for a while.

There are 2 versions of My Skoda.

The icon on the left is the Essentials and is what Ive used since I had the car.

The icon on the right is the full version that has just been made available to the Octavia. I only had it as I was trying to check it out ready for my new Enyaq VRS in March.

Screenshot_20240123_184905_One UI Home.jpg

Edited by MickyD44
  • Like 1

On 20/01/2024 at 15:19, Edela said:

App seems a bit faster and more stable, but not that much. Some bugs are still there, like app claiming car us not plugged while it is.

So, just trying to better understand: before this "new" MySkoda App you were using the MySkoda Essentials? And all the features for the PHEV (e.g. charging, pre-heating)  were also available?

I have the same (very annoying) bug as you, but on the Cupra Connect App - most likely the very same rationale behind both apps... When I'm trying to charge the last few percent of the battery (up to 100%) in the morning before I leave, the App is failing. It' either saying the car is "Not connected", or in most cases "something has gone wrong" - see picture.
What's most annoying is that each time the charging request returns an error message, I am able to start the pre-heating - which means that Car-Server-App-and-return communication goes well. So what's the "secret" problem behind the charging failure?

p.s. in the picture the HV battery is at 99%, so that might be used as an argument for the charging not starting. However, in most cases I'm trying to charge from 95 or 90% and it's always the same failure, and always successful pre-heating...

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-30 at 14.29.16.jpeg

8 hours ago, SkOmk4 said:

So, just trying to better understand: before this "new" MySkoda App you were using the MySkoda Essentials? And all the features for the PHEV (e.g. charging, pre-heating)  were also available?

Yes. Though it was crashing very often when trying to switch on AC remotely, the new app is definitely doing better in this regard.

As for charging, yes, everything as you describe I have on both apps. No matter SOC. If I plug the car and try to start charging right away from the app, it usually works. If car fell asleep - that's it, app won't see it plugged. Though scheduled charge starts without any problem, so looks like car itself does not think it is not plugged.

• Thanks 1

I've tried both apps now on my octavia IV and the essentials version seems to work better. The new My Skoda app seems to take ages to refresh for me.

Not noticed a single thing different in terms of functionality 

2 hours ago, Novascape said:

I've tried both apps now on my octavia IV and the essentials version seems to work better. The new My Skoda app seems to take ages to refresh for me.

Not noticed a single thing different in terms of functionality 

My ŠKODA App also takes longer to refresh compared to Essentials.  Also Essentials driving data seems to display multiple same day drives as separate trips where as the full app appears to combine multiple same day drives as one  combined trip.

• Like 1

Just now, Combi_NX5 said:

yes, I don't like that the new one shows only one-day trips, I want to see every trip.

Does seem a step backwards in that regard.  I currently have both apps installed so I can use Essentials to see the separate trips data. 

3 minutes ago, Combi_NX5 said:

On the home page, section 3 - ventilation, you can see the outside air temperature, I did not find it anywhere in the new version.

I don’t have that but I think as my car is a First Edition there are several features the vehicle does not support such as remote locking.