Skoda Felicia facelift Crash switch location

3 minutes ago, Papez said:

Which part of the car is damaged? Have you checked voltage on the fuel pump?

I really didn't get the chance to play around with it as I bought it the previous month like this (crashed) and I was waiting for shipping. Now my question is only about the electrical systems that could have been activated and prevent the car from starting. I have to fix a lot of things before I try to start it, that includes something hanging from the car that I saw last minute and it was the starter. So if anyone knows anything about something like that existing in a 2000MY Felicia with driver airbag let me know and thank you for your interest!

What causes the engine not to start after airbag deployment? I was in an accident which deployed all of my airbags besides the steering wheel (2013 Honda Civic).

https://www.quora.com/What-causes-the-engine-not-to-start-after-airbag-deployment-I-was-in-an-accident-which-deployed-all-of-my-airbags-besides-the-steering-wheel-2013-Honda-Civic

I'm sorry to hear about your accident. After an airbag deployment, the engine not starting could be caused by a variety of factors. One possible reason is that the impact of the accident may have caused damage to the vehicle's electrical system or fuel system, preventing the engine from starting. It's also possible that the airbag deployment itself may have triggered a safety feature that disables the engine to prevent further damage. I would recommend having a qualified mechanic inspect your vehicle to determine the exact cause of the issue.

This is normal for many systems.

when you go to start your car normally as soon as you turn the key to on the pump runs for a second or so. Once you turn the key to start and the engine turns the pump comes on again and stays on as longs as the engine is turning.

in an accident there is a possibility of a ruptured fuel line. Spilled fuel can lead to a fire. This is considered not good. So to prevent the possibility of pumping gas all over the place and risking a fire the system will shut off the pump and in some systems disable the ability to crank the engine.

21 minutes ago, ivcars003 said:

Now my question is only about the electrical systems that could have been activated and prevent the car from starting

I checked the wiring, there's no interconnection between airbag control unit and fuel pump relay. There's only a data line between the airbag unit and ECU - so if there's any blocking going on, it's done by the ECU itself. But I haven't found any info confirming that.

Searching Czech forums, I found one case where a crashed airbag-equipped Felicia didn't start - and it was due to wiring damage around the fuel pump.

Edited by Papez
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Papez said:

I checked the wiring, there's no interconnection between airbag control unit and fuel pump relay. There's only a data line between the airbag unit and ECU - so if there's any blocking going on, it's done by the ECU itself. But I haven't found any info confirming that.

Searching Czech forums, I found one case where a crashed airbag-equipped Felicia didn't start - and it was due to wiring damage around the fuel pump.

Very helpful! Thank you. I will prioritize the fuel pump and we will see from there

I only almost know the general very basics but they are always the best place to start any diagnostics from, car wont start- battery (electrics/electronics, and computer programs now) and fuel (empty tank, fuel delivery and reception), of course a fuel pump has a foot in each of these camps.

Good luck let us know how you get on.

49 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

As for the record: I have found this but it's only for 1.9 diesel

That's a valve to shut off the engine (as 1.9D has mechanical injection pump and no pump in the tank). Not an inertial switch.

Edited by Papez
  • Like 1

Obviously we can't see how bad the crash damage is (although I could see it being quite bad if it detached the starter) , but I don't think you're going to have a problem starting it after repairs. Reattach the starter, check for any loose fuel lines and wires, check engine rotates freely, then turn the key, It'll probably start first time, it's a felicia.