Switching off Electrical Defaults

My Octavia VRS has default settings which reset every trip. Some I consider to be unsafe on my local country lanes, e.g. Lane Assist and Stop/Start. I want a way to stop them resetting after I have switched them off through the infotainment system. My Skoda  dealer is reluctant ro consider doing it for vague and unspecified "safety/insurance" reasons. Has anyone managed to get this done while preserving their manufacturer's warranty?

Lane assist can be coded to "remember last setting" setting with VCDS or OBDeleven or similar coding tools. But for start-stop there is no possibility to change the behavior with coding only. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Lane assist is two thumb presses on the Steering wheel. The stop start press the Set button and then the stop start icon, it take 2 seconds in total and can be done without looking once you get used to it. If you have Modes then setting this up for you choices then press Mode then the individual icon, and takes 1 second. Good luck.

20 minutes ago, David Heavey said:

The Lane assist is two thumb presses on the Steering wheel. The stop start press the Set button and then the stop start icon, it take 2 seconds in total and can be done without looking once you get used to it. If you have Modes then setting this up for you choices then press Mode then the individual icon, and takes 1 second. Good luck.

I don't think you can 'program' a mode to turn these off as they are factory 'safety' features - same as the stupid default false engine noise. Agree, only takes a ouple of seconds, but is annoyin.

Nope, you can't define lane assist and start-stop setting for individual mode. 

It takes 2 s, yes...when system is not laggy. Which I have to admit, is less often whith 1941 update. But it still happens.

I'm really glad I coded the lane assist to "last setting" so now is always off when I start the car.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Nope, you can't define lane assist and start-stop setting for individual mode. 

It takes 2 s, yes...when system is not laggy. Which I have to admit, is less often whith 1941 update. But it still happens.

I'm really glad I coded the lane assist to "last setting" so now is always off when I start the car.  

I have done the same thing with ODB11 a few months ago. Yesterday i tried to do the same thing to one of my collogues and i failed. I don't know if there is a problem with my ODB11 subscription or something else. Is it easy for you to check it please ? (if you use ODB11 of cource)

On 01/02/2024 at 22:49, TheUltraRunner said:

Good luck with your dealer. But I doubt they will be willing to do anything about it since they officially can't change settings which are not meant to be changed.

I now have a reply from my dealer. They won't consider making the change to Lane Assist and are quite clear that such a change might possibly invalidate the manufacturer's warranty. I shall live with resetting it every trip, which is not the end of the world, but it is a nuisance...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JohnCavill said:

are quite clear that such a change might possibly invalidate the manufacturer's warranty.

A typical dealer response, meaning they don't want to do it - as for invalidating the manufacturer's warranty, that's something that a bull drops onto a field 🤥