Starting problem

Hi all. my sons car has recently developed  a starting problem its a1.4 16v petrol and starts on the button 99.5 percent of the time however just lately it refuses to start no mater what you do .if you leave it overnight it starts first time again.  I had it transported to my house just after x mas and every time I passed it it started yesterday it started at 10 am then wouldnt start at 10..10. my cheap diag machine says injector open circuit to injectors on all cylinders  if I clear it it starts. Where should I be looking please. Thanks Mick

Edited by challenger
missed a bit

• 3 weeks later...

Further to my problem ,My cheap code reader says that the injectors are all open circuit,  has anyone any ideas where to look , i have removed and replaced all the harness plugs and sockets and the car recently had a new coil due to a crack causing a misfire any help woul be appreciated thank you all

6 hours ago, challenger said:

Further to my problem ,My cheap code reader says that the injectors are all open circuit,  has anyone any ideas where to look , i have removed and replaced all the harness plugs and sockets and the car recently had a new coil due to a crack causing a misfire any help woul be appreciated thank you all

The injectors are controlled by the ECU switching them to earth so I would look for an earth connection fault from the ECU itself.