PHEV Climate control won't remember OFF state after unlock and restart

Hi All,

Recently bought an Octavia RS PHEV 2021 and noticed that if I turn off climate control, stop the car and lock the doors, after unlock and start again the car, the climate control goes on, while I would expect to remember last OFF state.

If I do not lock the car only stop it, after restart will remember the OFF state as I left it when stopped.

Went to dealer and the guy there said that while the car needs to control the HV battery temperature, needs to connect the climate control ON. Why? This doesn't sound to me logical thing since the interior climate has nothing to do with the HV battery temperature management. To mention that while car is stopped and locked there is no climate at all, only after unock and start again.

Also, there are no settings regarding climate control settings related to car stop, unlock, door open etc.

Have you guys have the same behaviour with yours (plug in hybrids only)?. For the normal combustion engine versions (non PHEV) the climate OFF is remembered after unlock and start (have tested a new MK4 with normal petrol only engine)

Thanks!

Possibly linked to the remote access app or settings from previous owner?

You might be turning the HVAC off on exit but the setting then revert to whatever is/was previously set?

Are you logged in with My Skoda app for your vehicle?

Screenshot_20240216-095224_Mykoda.jpg

I have the app and my account is registered with the car's VIN. Is that possible that the system allows for registration of two different accounts for same VIN?

If you are registered and therefore assigned as primary user then I don't think any other account/person could also have access.

Sorry if that's not the answer but was worth a try.

yes, you could be right and yes I have made the changes to become the primary user.

Wondered if anyone else has this kind of behaviour with plug in hybrid version.

Maybe through VCDS can be reprogrammed?

Welcome to the wonderful world of the modern Octavia. I have a 23 plate VRS phev and it does all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff. The infotainment system is frankly ****, it does random stuff all the time, I just ignore it now (I’ve updated to the latest software and reported it all to Skoda who have basically told me I’m lying). The best bit is when the boot opens itself at random (no, I’ve not sat on the keys or accidentally pressed the button). Sometimes the voice control thing kicks in when I’ve not done anything, sometimes the stereo turns the volume up by itself, sometimes the parking sensors don’t work. 

Sorry, not that helpful but I think what I’m saying is there are loads of people who have issues with the software on these cars, if it’s not a critical problem then I’d say you just have to learn to live with some of it sadly. 

• Like 1

I am really sorry your software has gone mad in this way and I understand now that you would like to have only this few issues like me, but these things are not normal and should be updated. Maybe you should share your software version and date so at least we know which one is the worst. Mine is 1941 for software and h56 for hardware

As above, it seems pot luck. 

mine sometimes remembers that i left it off, even if I’ve left it overnight. 

other times, naa. It just does what it wants without much rhyme or reason. 

it may well be linked to the app though, as the default temp it comes on at, seems to be linked to whatever the app last asked it to heat to, regardless of what temp you left it at when you just got out. 

another one of it’s features. At least the crashing, and setting resets seem to have stopped since 1941 upgrade

Yes, no crashing with this version. 

Mine however always returns to what I left off when climate offed and does not follow app settings which is right since in the app climate control is off. 

You tried turning climate off and then refreshing user with online via user menu so it stores your off setting.

If you don't refresh user it will still have climate on saved as setting when it connects on info system start

On the user menu by my user name there is a refresh button. This syncs your setup to skoda server again and when pressed should update your climate setting to server.

However if you have it setup in app to heat car etc that will probably take preference 

Unfortunately that doesn't help and I believe it syncs itself regularly as it showed last synced this morning already before I refreshed again. 

If this should helped, than should have been a permanent fix not an each time workaround. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

Just an update for the issue, an option to start the climate automatically stationary was enabled in the e-Manager menu which was not accessible for me.

After a visit to the dealer, they found out that after the 1941 update they needed to make a reset from their tester.

After the reset, the e-Manager menu is back and therefore the option for stationary climate control is again accessible.