Unable to order traffic sign recognition

Good morning.

my trial ran out on the 5th of feb and since then Skoda have been unable to sort the issue where I cannot order the app.

has anyone had the issue where is shows expired on the app/website ??

I can order high beam assist, but don’t want it!!

been pushed between Skoda customer service, Skoda digital, and the dealer (who has been super helpful)

Because the adaptive cruise adjusts based on signs and with variable speed limits on the motorway, and the nightmare of all differing speed limits in London it is worth the money!

I use M26 aka the "magic roundabout", occasionally between Jn 9, Jn 10 and either Jn 5 (M26) or Jn 21 (M1) and have no problems using 👀 & Mk1 🧠.

Also M3, M4, M40, M42, M6 where both fixed & variable limits apply and I don't have any problems with speed signs or variable speed signs. I refuse to drive in London as I'm not paying the C charge and feeding that (CENSORED) Khan's piggy bank.

If I really lose the plot want to risk life & limb and go into that hovel called London then I use a train and Debit card or Oyster card for public transport and that's the only time I'll put money into Khan's piggy bank. 

Edited by TheWanderer

They may have improved later versions, but the tsr on my 2018 Superb frequently is wrong.

It very often picks up side road signs in urban areas telling me 20mph instead of the 30/40/50 that the road actually is. It is hopeless at picking up the small signs on lamposts that show higher speeds than the default urban 30mph. Often it will not pickup the overhead gantry variable speed limits and most annoyingly it rarely will recognise the national limit sign on those variable limit gantries which can leave me wondering why everyone is whizzing past me on a motorway.

Most annoying is it sometimes will tell me the limit is 50 or 70 in a 30mph zone. I haven't worked out why this is.

• Sponsor
40 minutes ago, xman said:

They may have improved later versions, but the tsr on my 2018 Superb frequently is wrong.

It very often picks up side road signs in urban areas telling me 20mph instead of the 30/40/50 that the road actually is. It is hopeless at picking up the small signs on lamposts that show higher speeds than the default urban 30mph. Often it will not pickup the overhead gantry variable speed limits and most annoyingly it rarely will recognise the national limit sign on those variable limit gantries which can leave me wondering why everyone is whizzing past me on a motorway.

Most annoying is it sometimes will tell me the limit is 50 or 70 in a 30mph zone. I haven't worked out why this is.

2018 Superb will be the 3Q0 ADAS camera. MQBevo used 5WA camera, completely different specification and performance 🙂

I've not got traffic sign recog on my Octavia IV but if you haven't got cruise control on it slows down the car and almost drives it at the speed limit alot of the time.

Must work of the satnav speed limits in the database

• Sponsor
2 hours ago, Novascape said:

I've not got traffic sign recog on my Octavia IV but if you haven't got cruise control on it slows down the car and almost drives it at the speed limit alot of the time.

Must work of the satnav speed limits in the database

If you haven't got cruise control on the car slows down? That's the purpose of cruise control, to maintain the speed 

8 hours ago, xman said:

My superb has an "A5" camera afaik

That's just the diagnostic address

It's a 2Q0 prefix on the part number 

I had this issue too. My trial expired in mid-October, and the dealer wasn't able to help. However it suddenly became available about a week ago, so I snapped it up. I don't know what the problem was - maybe they were doing a software update (it got the wrong speed a lot during the trial, with phantom 30kph zones).

Edited by DaveCheckley

On 18/02/2024 at 12:26, TheWanderer said:

I use M26 aka the "magic roundabout", occasionally between Jn 9, Jn 10 and either Jn 5 (M26) or Jn 21 (M1) and have no problems using 👀 & Mk1 🧠.

Also M3, M4, M40, M42, M6 where both fixed & variable limits apply and I don't have any problems with speed signs or variable speed signs. I refuse to drive in London as I'm not paying the C charge and feeding that (CENSORED) Khan's piggy bank.

If I really lose the plot want to risk life & limb and go into that hovel called London then I use a train and Debit card or Oyster card for public transport and that's the only time I'll put money into Khan's piggy bank. 

What is this "London" you talk of?

I am 64 and have never found the need or desire to go 😂

On 26/02/2024 at 17:14, DaveCheckley said:

I had this issue too. My trial expired in mid-October, and the dealer wasn't able to help. However it suddenly became available about a week ago, so I snapped it up. I don't know what the problem was - maybe they were doing a software update (it got the wrong speed a lot during the trial, with phantom 30kph zones).

The saga continues.

Skoda have now arranged for my car to be booked in and have arranged car hire for THREE days!!!

this morning I have looked online and low and behold, I have managed to buy it. It is still showing as pending, but I knew all along it had to be software and did not need a dealership visit.

now to see if Skoda will give it to me as a freebie for the hours we have spent back and forth