Ambushed by main dealer……

Been in today for 2nd service and 3 recall actions ……. ‘Oh, by the way’ says dealer, ‘you need a Haldex service, Škoda have reduced the 3 year interval to 2’.

£144 🤨

We recommend a air-con service and brake fluid change - 🤬🤬🤬

18 minutes ago, Berisford said:

Been in today for 2nd service and 3 recall actions ……. ‘Oh, by the way’ says dealer, ‘you need a Haldex service, Škoda have reduced the 3 year interval to 2’.

£144 🤨

We recommend a air-con service and brake fluid change - 🤬🤬🤬

Oof! Have they got an up-to-date sheet with all the recommended service requirements on?

Skoda used to produce one and it was pretty handy. (Hat-tip to @Rooted who I think provided the copy shown here.)

Service Costs 2021.PNG

I always thought the time based interval on the diff to be a bit questionable given the distance based interval on the DSGs.  With the table above readable at 40k on DSG could you also read it as 30K for haldex?

Isn't brake fluid supposed to be at three years for the first one, then every other year?  So if your car's a 2022 model, should it not be next year?

Gaz

It is not 40,000 miles on all DSG,s since DQ200,s are no Schedule. DQ381 @ 80,000   or sooner obviously.

There is changes now, there was / is VAQ front diffs that were at 30,000 / 3 years, now at 20,000 / 2 year.

***Many never get told about the VAQ service, or told not necessary or can be done sometime.***

Same with Brake Fluid, was @ 30,000 / 3 years then each 2 years.  Now at 2 years and each 2 years.

Not seen Skoda and Haldex at 20,000 miles / 2 yeas, but Volvo had that. 

Some need doing, use, location, blocked up and dirty even if never offroad, in a river, sea or mud.

It is pick a number any number as far as Guidelines, Recommendations, Advice or Schedules these days.     What a pity those in Skoda Dealerships seem to not know.

645775003_GearboxServiceIntervals.jpg.54aeffb010ab8f9136848b1b60015c1d.jpg

585848287_Screenshot2022-12-2814_19_08.webp.f8ed8e2afee7d86b7d1cff45cc7a3cc2.webp

Edited by Rooted
  • Like 2

Impossible to find a 2024 price list or service schedule.

I was assured that the filter/gauze had been cleaned though I doubt it was too dirty inasmuch as (been ill) I've only done 3600 miles.

• Like 1

Oil and filter change due on VAQ, front diff, fwd cars.  Octavia MK4 now at 2 years 20,000 miles apparently.    There are threads on the ones leaking or wrecked through lack of servicing.    Links in the threads from me on service kits etc. 

• Like 1

@BerisfordImpossible to find price list for 2024 because in 2022 they started saying price on application. POA.    But plenty dealers have prices showing in there ads.  But beware £99,  £110 on Haldex might not be a proper clean out. You want the job done correctly. 

Dealer prices up: had mine in this morning for 4th year routine inspection, engine oil/ filter and pollen filter ( no MOT and declined aircon “decontamination”) - still came to a whopping ( thats the polite word) -£274.

(and they would now charge £999 for cambelt and water pump on 2 litre tdi)

by year 5 it will be out of extended warranty so preparing to do routine services at home: got Quantum 509/00 oil and all genuine parts including fuel and air filters in my garage now at an inflation busting and dealer-price -avoiding total of less than £100.

Edited by Shuggyboatsuperb

Had mine in for a minor service (oil+oil filter), new spark plugs and MOT and that came to £423 from an indy garage earlier this week. I didn't have the air/pollen filters replaced as I can do those myself when necessary. I've only done 6k since the last change.

They did mention that Haldex is now down to 2 from 3 years but again I'll tell them when I want it as the car is 8 years old now and at only 3k a year it makes no sense to follow the Skoda regime so rigidly.

Is it down to 2 years 20,000 miles on vehicles built after a certain date or are they making out on any?  Generation 4 or 5.    If based on how many failures there have been they have to take into account all there years of Official VW group approved repairers / main dealers only doing half the job at services..    taking the Michael actually.  

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1