Help Sourcing Exhaust

Might be a bit of a long shot but looking for some tips and advice source an exhaust or reliable welders in the south west closest to Bristol as possible.

2011 VRS with 2 exhaust leaks. Attached diagram with leak locations

clearly not the first person with this issue as they have been bandaged in the past but are leaking again
1 right at the start of the back box - most pressing problem to fix
1 on the cat side of the exhaust that connects to the mid section. - hopefully will survive till I can find a welder or someone breaking a mk2 VRS hatch

The pressing matter is the leak at the back box as this is causing an MOT failure.
My local garage cannot source this section.

My next solution is going down the welding route. However I can image this would be fine to get a new back section made up but the repair to the front section of the exhaust may be more difficult.

Excuse the sporadic info dump but I'm looking for some help and advice on what people suggest is the best action forward and ideally not having to fork out for a £1k system. It's literally a run around for the Mrs and the occasional b road basher when I'm bored of my barge

Screenshot 2024-03-05 180557.png

@Rooted Sorry still pretty new to the car.

Is that a pretty standard sleeve?

assuming the cobra system you posted above being a cat back would mate with the sleeve area you linked above? Do you think the cobra would come with a new sleeve?

sorry for all the questions. 

I have seen a few people posting about the cobra system and it seems alright for the price, is there any benefit going resonated or non-resonated? I'm assuming for normal driving, resonated gives a more OEM exhaust note and feel

• 2 weeks later...

Just (2 weeks ago) had this done on my Fabia TSi. The trusted garage I use for MOT's charged me £28.14 + VAT for genuine sleeve and clamps and £10+VAT for labour. Felt ripped off at the time (having seen the sleeve online for £10) but I guess it's the price you pay for genuine parts. Probably would've got away with just fitting new clamps on reflection as the sleeve itself looked OK.

I used Jubilee clips as a temporary measure while I waited for a new sleeve and clamp assembly, I dont think you can buy the clamps alone and standard old school U bolt clamps would distort the sleeve.

My new one had decent clamps, well better than the decomposed old ones but the sleeve was not as robust as the original OE stainless one so I reused that with the new clamps.

That said I must have sourced some clamps because I have kept the new sleeve as a spare and it has clamps on it, another mystery from my memory loss.

The VAG part from TPS is very expensive but good quality, the clamps and bolts are now corrosion resistant.

Edited by J.R.

17 hours ago, J.R. said:

clamps and bolts are now corrosion resistant

Stainless steel or galvanised?

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on this. Got a cobra exhaust which replaced every part I had an issue with.

Got the resonated version and has a nice grumble to it but which being too "asbo"

• Like 1