Triangular lamp under matrix lights

I have a 72 Sportline plus 190. When driving at night sometimes it looks like the turn fog lights have come on but on turning they then come on. Do the little triangular lights come on independently in certain circumstances. Have searched but cant find any information about them. tia.

I think you're talking about the cornering lights.  At night when turning the steering wheel left or right, the corresponding fog light comes on an acts as a cornering light, until the steering wheel is straightened again.

• Like 1

On 10/03/2024 at 12:29, szking said:

I have a 72 Sportline plus 190. When driving at night sometimes it looks like the turn fog lights have come on but on turning they then come on. Do the little triangular lights come on independently in certain circumstances. Have searched but cant find any information about them. tia.

Hi @szking, As your car is a Sportline, those triangular lights (under the headlight) are not lights, just fillers.  On some of the Superbs with a lesser spec' these are used as side-lights.  Have a look with a torch and see if there's a bulb there, I don't think there is, certianly there isn't on my car. The fog lights will come on individually when turning left or right and both come on when you reverse.

• Like 1

If u have the facelift Superb with Matrix Crystal lighting, then that bit lights up as the "Side Light".

This is in addition to the fog lights cornering light function.

This video explains and shows it clearly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The triangular side lights also appear to come on together (at 30 mph or below, maybe higher) as you approach side roads, junctions etc. Not sure if they're 'controlled' by GPS or the camera - very noticeable on dark roads.

JR RS Checked the lights this evening when parked car and both little "side lights" were on, looks like 3 bulbs/LEDs and pretty bright. Thought it was the fogs coming on when speed dropped below 30mph. Video very informative thanks.

clarksonline cornering fogs come on in daylight as well.

Thanks guys

• Like 1

Interesting video. 

I noticed some curious things :

The left side light and fog light come on with wheels turned on the right. 

The rear blinker has 2 different dynamic modes. The dynamic effect appears when the blinker come off or when it comes on. I looked at the video twice to be sure...

Strange, isn't it? Maybe a special demo mode?...  

We’ve had a 2020 Karoq Sportline for just under a year and it’s the first car we’ve had with the ‘turning lights’ . I must confess I’d never given a thought to which lights were illuminating. Perhaps have to look 😄