Automatic change between standard and summer time ("daylight saving time")

15 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

I'll have a look and see.

It's an awkward thing to set up when whatever you do now you will have to wait until October to see if it works.

The following flag change did the trick on my car (MIB3 running on 1941 firmware):

Control unit: 5F Multimedia - Adaptation
Summertime-automatic: Europe

BUT, I'm based in EEST region.

On 31/03/2024 at 16:51, Stonekeeper said:

It's an awkward thing to set up when whatever you do now you will have to wait until October to see if it works.

Nope just Automatic & Manual settings, no GPS or anything else. 

On 21/03/2024 at 20:37, petecollier said:

I just found this adaption while rummaging around the bits and bytes with an OBDeleven:

> Controller 5F (Multimedia)

> Adaption

> Summertime-automatic

> None / Manual / Europe / USA / Automatic

Mine was set to manual. I've changed it to Europe and will wait to see what happens at the end of the month. 

The clock had not changed itself automatically on Sunday morning after I made the above adaption change the week before, so I went to change it manually. However, when I got to the appropriate screen in the settings I discovered that where before there had been an on/off toggle switch for "DST", this had been replaced by a selector to "change to summertime automatically" (or words to that effect). I hadn't bothered checking the settings screen at the time I made the coding change since it wasn't time yet time for the clock to be changed. Anyhow, I selected for it to change automatically, which I expect it will now do when we switch back from lovely BST to 'orrible GMT in October. I'll let you know what happens then, if I remember.

Given my results, it seems likely that the above None / Manual / Europe / USA / Automatic coding changes the DST switch in the infotainment settings between fully off (with no option to turn on) , manual on/off toggle, optional automatic with European date rules, and optional automatic with US date rules. Not sure what the final "Automatic" option would be. Logically, looking at the other options, it would be "fully on" (i.e. an automatic change with no option to turn off). Presumably in that case it would default to European date rules, or perhaps use the GPS signal?

3 hours ago, petecollier said:

The clock had not changed itself automatically on Sunday morning after I made the above adaption change the week before, so I went to change it manually. However, when I got to the appropriate screen in the settings I discovered that where before there had been an on/off toggle switch for "DST", this had been replaced by a selector to "change to summertime automatically" (or words to that effect). I hadn't bothered checking the settings screen at the time I made the coding change since it wasn't time yet time for the clock to be changed. Anyhow, I selected for it to change automatically, which I expect it will now do when we switch back from lovely BST to 'orrible GMT in October. I'll let you know what happens then, if I remember.

Given my results, it seems likely that the above None / Manual / Europe / USA / Automatic coding changes the DST switch in the infotainment settings between fully off (with no option to turn on) , manual on/off toggle, optional automatic with European date rules, and optional automatic with US date rules. Not sure what the final "Automatic" option would be. Logically, looking at the other options, it would be "fully on" (i.e. an automatic change with no option to turn off). Presumably in that case it would default to European date rules, or perhaps use the GPS signal?

All very well if you have access to OBD11. I don't.

27 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

All very well if you have access to OBD11. I don't.

🤷‍♂️ Doesn't seem to have been much point in your responding on this occasion then, although it's nice to hear from you anyway.

Hopefully, the info will be of use to someone who can access OBD11 or VCDS.

On 23/03/2024 at 05:50, TheWanderer said:

Backup everything before you tinker with any settings and then for Australia I'd suggest that you select Automatic as there are no other settings that are applicable to Australia or NZ.

Manual was the default/factory setting. I tried automatic but it set my clock back by an hour and that was on Friday. Daylight savings didn't occur until Sunday.

The timezones were a pretty big give away that it wouldn't work. It has Eastern Standard Time (AEST) which includes Queensland which doesn't partake in DST rather than breaking it down further. 

Australian_timezones_with_DST.jpg.89fa33f11230498d4fc7e86eebf98182.jpg

Edited by aaaaplay