Stage 1 Remap

So I have a 1.2 tsi mk3 2015 skoda fabia, I'm looking to maybe do a stage 1 remap. Going from 90bhp to 140bhp, could anyone tell me the pros and cons. I've heard the engine wouldn't handle it very well. 

It is worth looking at the threads already in this section on remapping 1.2 TSI,s

There is no cons. Check the servicing is up to date, new plugs & air filter in and run it on E5 and if all is well choose the remapper and be sure your insurer is fine with mods or that you can get insured with someone that is. 

Screenshot 2024-03-19 18.10.12.png

If your pushing the 1.2 TSi to the full 140. You MUST run it on E5 fuel all the time. Never use E10. Double check with your insurance first. Not declaring will void your insurance. 

Edited by Planetse

Just presuming that you are remapping to improve the performance by increasing the bhp / Nm there is little point running 95 ron Unleaded E10.

E5 in the UK is 97 or 99 ron minimum and it would be usual for the remap to be written to suit running Super Unleaded. 

Sainsbury,s Super Unleaded is 97 ron minimum. 

645716307_Screenshot2021-12-1408_58_22.jpg.2ff9271fb94c47fcc7d2afaaf0c7ed90.jpg

Edited by Rooted

Have look at this thread - https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/520881-help-with-tuned-second-hand-fabia/

Or if you're more easily bored and/or want instant answers then you could perhaps skip to the latest post on that thread - but I'm not sure everyone would agree about the posters idea on brakes and particularly braided hoses giving increase in brake performance, I've braided brake hoses but not for that reason and tyres are the most neglected brake improvement component, tho' the poster has recognised their importance. -https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/520881-help-with-tuned-second-hand-fabia/page/2/#comment-5836928  

Here's the download of the petrel info Rooted put up. - petrol.pdf

HTH.