Superb iV vs 2.0TSi pros and cons

6 minutes ago, Rooted said:

Plenty have had the issue.

Plenty were told no software updates available. 

If it is your car then getting a Software Remap of the DSG by EcoTune might be well worth having. 

I had Remapped DQ200,s but also Clutch Packs and with Twin Chargers running 200+ bhp.

I would not remap a 1.5 TSI ACT engine though.  I would rather have an Extended Warranty if the car was a keeper. 

The engine and gearbox were remapped about a year ago. The main reason I went for a remap is to sort out a gearbox but is still didn't.

The car is good but at the moment I can't say it is a keeper until I sort out the gearbox, if I can't I will trade the car in. It does annoy me big time.

I am already looking for a new car, therefore the thread about iV and 2.0 petrol, but after test drive of iV I realised my Karoq is still a decent car. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rooted said:

OK @Vlady Your reg number is not showing MOT history or ASK MID. 

Can it come up under private number plate - V15DMR? @Rooted many thanks for your help and time, really appreciate it.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Vlady said:

When I was in the market for new tyres for my Karoq, I went with the quietest ones…..

I’m interested to know how you chose the quietest tyres.

10 hours ago, numskull said:

I’m interested to know how you chose the quietest tyres.

I was watching Tyre Reviews on YouTube and the guy mentioned that Pirellis (all season) are the most comfortable out of the bunch he was testing and quietest. I checked later noise rating on a label, before I ordered them, read a few more reviews and just bought them. They are much more comfortable and quieter then original Bridgestone! 

OT:

The issue with selecting quiet tyres is the dynamic of the tyre might change depending on wheel size, car weight, tyre pressure, tyre profile, tread depth, car design.......

It's an expensive game hunting for quiet tyres that perform to expectations.  Potentially worth it depending on you attitude and driving habits though.  FWIW the GTE and iV weight near enough the same as their ICE 4x4 couterparts so normal tyres are acceptable.  To get the best economy in summer you massively compromise winter safety so a second set could be wise.  

On topic:

Sounds like you could have some sort of issue with the gearbox.  Is it at all possible that it's a driving style thing @Vlady?  Does your heel come off the floor as you go over said speed bumps causing you to mash the go pedal and tricking the gearbox into 1st?  Just trying to cover all bases.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MarkyG82 said:

OT:

The issue with selecting quiet tyres is the dynamic of the tyre might change depending on wheel size, car weight, tyre pressure, tyre profile, tread depth, car design.......

It's an expensive game hunting for quiet tyres that perform to expectations.  Potentially worth it depending on you attitude and driving habits though.  FWIW the GTE and iV weight near enough the same as their ICE 4x4 couterparts so normal tyres are acceptable.  To get the best economy in summer you massively compromise winter safety so a second set could be wise.  

On topic:

Sounds like you could have some sort of issue with the gearbox.  Is it at all possible that it's a driving style thing @Vlady?  Does your heel come off the floor as you go over said speed bumps causing you to mash the go pedal and tricking the gearbox into 1st?  Just trying to cover all bases.

Thanks for suggestions @MarkyG82 - No, my heel is attached to the floor and accelerator is not used, as the speed I am going over these bumps are very very slow which makes sense for gearbox to go into 1st gear, half way through the speed bump I slightly and gently apply the accelerator and the gearbox does not change to 2nd until engine revs to 2800-3200rpm.

I will try to make a video of the car going over these massive speed bumps.

• Like 1

There is a difference though from a 1.4 TSI PHEV and DSG, 6 speed and a 1.5 TSI ACT 7 speed dsg when it comes to 1st to 2nd.

You can always with a DQ200 DSG go to S if you are going to be down to 1st gear and crawling or going over speed bumps then the DSG does not change up or try to until a higher RPM.

Same if crawling along in traffic to stop it going up and down 1st to 2nd.    The other thing is a 1.5 TSI ACT running down to a slow speed might well be in 2 cylinder mode and as it gets some accelerator is back into 4 cylinder mode. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vlady said:

I was watching Tyre Reviews on YouTube and the guy mentioned that Pirellis (all season) are the most comfortable out of the bunch he was testing and quietest. I checked later noise rating on a label, before I ordered them, read a few more reviews and just bought them. They are much more comfortable and quieter then original Bridgestone! 

The tyre ratings are for the external noise they generate, not the internal noise, but certainly the Conti All Season I now have are substantially quieter in the car than the P7’s they replaced. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rooted said:

There is a difference though from a 1.4 TSI PHEV and DSG, 6 speed and a 1.5 TSI ACT 7 speed dsg when it comes to 1st to 2nd.

You can always with a DQ200 DSG go to S if you are going to be down to 1st gear and crawling or going over speed bumps then the DSG does not change up or try to until a higher RPM.

Same if crawling along in traffic to stop it going up and down 1st to 2nd.    The other thing is a 1.5 TSI ACT running down to a slow speed might well be in 2 cylinder mode and as it gets some accelerator is back into 4 cylinder mode. 

I can't see that the engine goes into 2 cylinder mode while going over speed bumps, but, if it was, would it cause potentially problems with gearbox changing from 1st to 2nd?

I am pretty sure I tried S mode before, and it does the same thing - holds on to 1st gear and revs high.

On 23/03/2024 at 08:50, Rooted said:

Obviously any Main Dealership in Scotland will tell you before the car is 3 years old that the brake disks are 80% worn. 

(They could be with the PHEV in Scotland from lack of use other than having to clear off the rust each time you drive the car.)

They might now say the brake fluid is due replacing at 2 year, some might still say at 3 years first and some might tell you nothing. Yup

They will say that the AC needs serviced at 2 years old.  YUP They will try other Upselling, Offering a Fuel Additive, YUP even if you have a Skoda Enyaq...

They might know nothing about the DSG. 

PS

Before the Warranty is out if you service before the MOT they will point out the dampers are leaking / misting but not a warranty claim. Very much YUP

Several years later they will still pass a MOT.   

All of the above, still cannot get an answer about when misting becomes a leak!

1 hour ago, Bud said:

All of the above, still cannot get an answer about when misting becomes a leak!

my tuppence worth.

If it's only coming out in short bursts under pressure but not dribbling when stationary its "misting"

If its dribbling out when stationary/not under load then it's a "leak"

But if the system should be sealed any fluid loss will degrade the performance it will just take longer!

Like equating an engine that burns oil to a total loss system or a 2-stroke. It wasn't designed that way so it's wrong!