Abs light

Wondering if anyone has any ideas. I have a skoda fabia 2003. The abs light is on I have this code 00301 abs return flow pump (v39) has anyone had this before? and might have a solution or has the pump gone? I have checked fusses and it's not wiring. I did read about dry solder joints but not sure if that is relevant here. Would it be worth taking it apart and resoldering it?

Lots and lots of people get that code, and it's always the strip fuse in my recollection. 

Could equally be a bad contact somewhere between rear connection of that fuse and the contact of the connector at the ABS module which that thick red/green wire goes to.

Measure the voltage at that connector, relative to the thick brown earth that will also be on that connector somewhere.

Can find more details tomorrow. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Breezy_Pete said:

Lots and lots of people get that code, and it's always the strip fuse in my recollection. 

Could equally be a bad contact somewhere between rear connection of that fuse and the contact of the connector at the ABS module which that thick red/green wire goes to.

Measure the voltage at that connector, relative to the thick brown earth that will also be on that connector somewhere.

Can find more details tomorrow. 

Ok thanks. Would be great if it was a simple fix. I got a second hand one that worked for about 10 days that one didn't come up with the same error though. I was told after that they're ment to be programed to the car and numbers have to match it's probably why is malfunctioned. So I put the original one back on tonight.

Bled the breaks went down the road abs went off all lights are off now. Things I have done if it helps anyone who had same code changed fusses bought a new battery bled the breaks. Thankyou for your help. I am so pleased she's running great and breaks feel much better.

• Like 1

As you've been swapping ABS units about have you done an ABS Bleed with a scan tool ?

Assume you must of as the brake pedal would of been very spongy otherwise.

36 minutes ago, aubrey said:

As you've been swapping ABS units about have you done an ABS Bleed with a scan tool ?

Assume you must of as the brake pedal would of been very spongy otherwise.

No i didnt. Breaks feel better than they have ever felt before not spongy and I stop properly.

That's surprising, I messed up bleeding a 2007 Roomster and let the reservoir run dry. The pedal felt terrible after a then normal bleed. It sunk right down on engine start.

I had to do a VCDS ABS Bleed to restore the pedal high up as before.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aubrey said:

That's surprising, I messed up bleeding a 2007 Roomster and let the reservoir run dry. The pedal felt terrible after a then normal bleed. It sunk right down on engine start.

I had to do a VCDS ABS Bleed to restore the pedal high up as before.

I didn't let it drain out completely. if they do start to feel weird I will take it to a garage. 

28 minutes ago, Natalie1982 said:

I didn't let it drain out completely. if they do start to feel weird I will take it to a garage. 

Ask them how they would bleed brakes on a VAG car. If the answer doesn't involve a scan tool, say "I'll get back to you" and hang up.

46 minutes ago, Natalie1982 said:

I didn't let it drain out completely.

Understood with the reservoir, but I meant you changed ABS unit, so was your ABS unit not full of air by being all disconnected.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubrey said:

Understood with the reservoir, but I meant you changed ABS unit, so was your ABS unit not full of air by being all disconnected.

Probably but there was a constant flow of break fluid draining into it as it took a good while to fit it as the bolts where a pain to line up so it didn't thread. I think maybe I got lucky.

• Love it! 1

Yes maybe, you would of felt the pedal drop a lot otherwise, especially with the engine running.

I'm thinking any fluid trapped by closed valves must of remained in the unit, again trapped inside due to the closed valves. So if then all the open ports would of drip refilled on replacement, coupled with the open pathways then normal bleed, then maybe.

It is quite a normal procedure to have to scan tool ABS Bleed on ABS Block replacement, but that would be with new/remanufactured and crucially fluid empty ABS Units.

Anyway something you can keep in mind if you ever get a garage to brake bleed, instruct them to scan tool ABS Bleed too as that is not done by default and as @Paws4Thot said confirm they understand what your asking and why, as by experience I have had many blank faces too.

In an older message you mentioned about coding values. Now your original unit is back you can get an OBD scan done and save your module coding values.

• Like 1

Must have.

Would have.

And brakes.

Apologies but the last 2 postings tipped me over the edge.

Off to look for some prollys on Facebook now 🤣

• Haha 2

So today the abs and handbreak light came on it's been fine for the last week. I took the dogs for a walk for a couple hours came back to car and lights are off  again, if anyone has any suggestions it would be awesome  as this car is just about getting on my last nerve  🙃 thanks 🙂