Octavia Mk4 Facelift Brochure UK

7 minutes ago, RobL50 said:

I see that the PHEV version has been dropped which is a pity.

I wonder why? 

7 hours ago, jpg86 said:

I wonder why? 

I saw an interview (AutoExpress) when they launched the FL version, with someone at Skoda, who said

• "at the time it was decided not to put the plug-in hybrid in the Octavia" And then a bit later:
  • "Will we revisit that? Yes." But also:
  • "the profit margins on plug-in hybrids are low"

So may be some chance of Octavia PHEVs eventually but I'd be surprised if it's before 2025. Which is a shame - put Skoda/ VW's new 100km/62 mile range (WLTP I guess) batteries in an Octavia Estate and I'd be very interested.

Also worth noting - Skoda *have* announced there will be new PHEV versions of the Superb and Kodiaq, but PHEV versions aren't in the current brochures for those either.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StewartM said:

Matrix headlights standard on VRS, but not even an option now on SE L or Sportline ? ? 

My impression is that the options list is overall a bit thinner than it was at the end of the non-FL Mk4 versions.

Maybe more options will reappear once they have been in production for a while?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DavidY said:

I saw an interview (AutoExpress) when they launched the FL version, with someone at Skoda, who said

• "at the time it was decided not to put the plug-in hybrid in the Octavia" And then a bit later:
  • "Will we revisit that? Yes." But also:
  • "the profit margins on plug-in hybrids are low"

So may be some chance of Octavia PHEVs eventually but I'd be surprised if it's before 2025. Which is a shame - put Skoda/ VW's new 100km/62 mile range (WLTP I guess) batteries in an Octavia Estate and I'd be very interested.

Also worth noting - Skoda *have* announced there will be new PHEV versions of the Superb and Kodiaq, but PHEV versions aren't in the current brochures for those either.

Interesting, thank you.  I had seen the VW announcements and was thinking that an Octavia PHEV with 60 mile range would be ideal.

• Like 1

Something I've not seen men tone elsewhere. They're adding a "Jumbo Box" which appears to be a cooled centre console compartment.

Screenshot2024-04-15at1_12_19pm.png.5397e419909460928afae2856f02e6a3.png

The UK spec also appears to not be getting the smaller infotainment display on lower trim levels.

Appears green paint is cheaper on SEL than metallic

and unless I am misreading it, vRS is not currently on sale

https://cc.skoda-auto.com/gbr/en-GB/trimline-scenic?activePage=trimlines&color=K4K4&configurationId=&extraEquipments=&id=GBR%3Bskoda%3B2025%3BPV5DA5%3B0%3BGYOZYOZ%3Bmda20240412014820%3Ben-GB%3B%3B63509%3B63569&interior=GM&modifiedPages=&snapshotVersion=70df67ae-23cb-49d2-81ad-2d1f11073335&trimline=PVD|SE Technology6356963509&visitedPages=

The first edition comes with lots of extras, but prices keep going up as well.

Can't keep up with Skoda recently and new models, seems as soon as you buy one it's out of date!

The se tech now gains heated seats and the sel gains extras.

Take it the order from stock only, means no factory orders?

Edited by skoda2019

1 hour ago, skoda2019 said:

The se tech now gains heated seats and the sel gains extras.

SE Tech also gains folding mirrors, and one or two other things as well I believe.

I'm hoping it's down to the parts needing to ramp up to meet the planned spec. 

On 14/04/2024 at 18:03, DavidY said:

My impression is that the options list is overall a bit thinner than it was at the end of the non-FL Mk4 versions.

Maybe more options will reappear once they have been in production for a while?