Middle East war starting ? Over a hundred missiles in the air from Iran to Israel. International tit for tat starting lead to full conflict and shut off of gulf oil?

New outlets reporting that Ian has launched over a hundred of missiles at Israel, Biden return from his weekend away to Washington DC.

Iranian Republican Guard take over 150,000 tonne MSC cargo ship in Persian Gulf.

Will Israel fully retaliate with air strike directly on Iran ???

Edited by lol-lol

It's getting out of hand.

One thing you don't do is attack embassies which is what I believe has led to the Iranian response.

The US attacked a Chinese embassy in the late nineties and quickly apologised and made huge reparations. 

It's one thing you don't do. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, @Lee said:

It's getting out of hand.

One thing you don't do is attack embassies which is what I believe has led to the Iranian response.

The US attacked a Chinese embassy in the late nineties and quickly apologised and made huge reparations. 

It's one thing you don't do. 

Air Raid/ War sirens on in Tel Aviv and missile interception systems appear to be working.

Al Jazeera and BBC showing Tel Aviv and Eilat skyline to show Iron Dome, Patriot and David Sling systems in action probably.

Edited by lol-lol

Sounds like RAF assets from Akrotiri Cyprus and US naval assets in the Eastern Med involved in combating Iranian drones/missiles incoming to Israel.   

Over 300 drones/missiles fired by Iran the Israeli military report.

An Israeli military base hit in the south of the country but no detailed report of casualties except a 10 year old girl hurt by falling debris.

Expect Trevor Philips of Sky and Laura Kuensberg Sunday morning programs will be refocused.

Some missiles were ballistic it is reported.

Apparently there were over a hundred Ballistic missiles fid by Iran against Israel and also that 7 got though, mainly the ones aimed at the F35 base which the attack on the Iranian embassy in Syria was mounted from.  No pictures yet of the Netavim Air Base damage.

Some of the ballistic missiles were intercepted outside the Earth's atmosphere adding a new dimension to human warfare.

US downed some of the ballistic missiles with its advanced anti-ballistic missile system.   

If 300 drones and missiles were aimed at Israel & the Allies and Israel shot down 99%, That is 1 in a 100 so 3 were not shot down.

Yet the reporters then say around 120 ballistic missiles got through.

The UK Governments love wars.  Love arms and equipment being used.

The UK is again at war with IRAN.

Not with Russia obviously.  Well they are never really at war with anyone.  Just there shouting 'Fight fight' and putting in the boot and selling boots. 

Edited by Rooted

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Rooted said:

If 300 drones and missiles were aimed at Israel & the Allies and Israel shot down 99%, That is 1 in a 100 so 3 were not shot down.

Yet the reporters then say around 120 ballistic missiles got through.

The UK Governments love wars.  Live arms and equipment being used.

The UK is again at war with IRAN.

Not with Russia obviously.  Well they are never really at war with anyone.  Just there shouting 'Fight fight' and putting in the boot and selling boots. 

Yes about 110-120 ballistic missiles and IDF say 7 got through, Iran claims 14 got through so IDF claiming.

Some people need to go back and do some basic maths.  7 in just over 300 is about 2% so about 98% were stopped or about 96% if one goes with the Iran figures of 14 getting thru.   

Going back to WW2, V1 drones/cruise missiles were much easier to stop than V2 rockets.

Edited by lol-lol

Shame that the Ukrainians can’t be offered the same defences from the Russian forces

• Like 3

Getting out of hand?………36,000 men ,woman and children killed/murdered,were they all terrorists?

What a huge wealth all around the world a small state like Israel has, and such influence. Money, technology, ability to spy and assassinate & to be the home of fraudsters and criminals with the ruling parties approval.

A very big customer for weapons from the USA and UK / USA companies. 

We as in the Superpower and lap dog will sell anything anytime to anyone.   Israel are not writing IOU,s as the Ukraine is.

The USA and UK have much invested in the Ukraine but then they have been getting lots out of it for many years. 

• Love it! 1
  • Thanks 1

Israel launches direct missile strike on Iranian airbase which is thought to have the drone and missile production facilities within its perimeter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/04/2024 at 19:24, Sad555 said:

Getting out of hand?………36,000 men ,woman and children killed/murdered,were they all terrorists?

Yes, getting out of hand and no, innocent people killed by the Israeli IOF were most definitely not all terrorist. 

I'd give my full opinion but one topic on the matter was already shut down so I won't.

Suffice to say I believe we might actually be in agreement on one thing at least. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, @Lee said:

Yes, getting out of hand and no, innocent people killed by the Israeli IOF were most definitely not all terrorist. 

I'd give my full opinion but one topic on the matter was already shut down so I won't.

Suffice to say I believe we might actually be in agreement on one thing at least. 

And the protests and violent suppression occurring at several US universities is being under reported in my view, it is not just Columbia in New York, that s just lazy reporting taking the film crews a few blocks away from Wall Street and New York offices.

General public protests being disallowed it is interesting it is the educated young who are saying no more whilst the mass of general population just let it be.

With the exception of the large muslim populations in the UK, US and I expect in a hundred or more other countries seem to be saying how can this be tolerated and even strongly backed with continued military aid and I think that large sector, probably ten or twenty times larger than the Israel supporting sector in these countries, are very much saddened by their government display of support after so many months and sop many tens of thousands of deaths of innocents.     

This will go down as one of the 21st centuries great atrocities I would not be surprised. 

• Like 3

On 02/05/2024 at 06:42, EnterName said:

Only if people are allowed to talk about it, and there seem to be moves to put a stop to that.

13 hours ago, @Lee said:

Al Jazeera have been shut down in Israel. 

It's a kind of magic.