Wheel arch liner plastic repair

Hello, wheel arch liner plastic for rear of 07 MK1 Fabian vrs unavailable. I have a crack inside liner of wheel arch. What would you recommend repairing with?

Plastweld glue or those metal staples and mesh?

Thanks

I had a quick look online before posting . Only one vrs being broken at moment. Given age of parts I'd rather buy new parts. Local scrapyard had a fabia in but they remove wheels and stack the cars. Any parts under car are difficult to access.

The crack is internal and doesn't go to the edge. Repair might be more feasible?

Are all Fabia models the same with regard to the wheelarch? I thought the vrs had a mudguard lip at front side of wheel rear arch not present on non vrs models?

No, all of the arch liners are the same.

They must have changed the manufacturing process / material used at some point post the MK1 being discontinued, as the set of new arch liners I got for mine from TPS, despite being genuine parts were noticeably lighter and a touch more flimsy than the original ones from 2006. Plus the rears had a small carpeted section in which had gone from the new ones as well.

Any MK1 arch liner off eBay will fit the vRS. Just don't buy a busted up one!!

Edited by Lofty
  • Like 1

I looked at parts catalogue,  and for the fronts there are different part numbers for vRS vs non.

Rears same though.

Some strong gaffa tape on the inside surface will probably work as a repair

• Like 1