Skoda octavia 2022 how can I turn off seatbelt chime in rear seats

Does it still chime if you just plug the seat belts in, even if nobody is using them?

Thanks. AG Falco

Hi no the car is used as a taxi when car has 3 passengers in rear seat or big jackets on people struggle to plug belt in my mk3 skoda octavia use to eventually stop beeping this car doesn't 

1 hour ago, Darm said:

Hi no the car is used as a taxi when car has 3 passengers in rear seat or big jackets on people struggle to plug belt in my mk3 skoda octavia use to eventually stop beeping this car doesn't 

You are aware that the passengers are breaking UK seatbelt law if they're not wearing their belts? I'm not sure you can do what you want, but suggest pointing out that they're responsible for their own fines.

• Like 1

I'm aware of the laws of the highway code also as a taxi driver I don't need to wear belt whilst passengers in car so I don't need advice on seatbelt ruling thanks more help on actual topic would have helped 

• Groan 1

2 hours ago, Darm said:

Hi looking for advice if it's possible to disable rear seat belt chime 

47 minutes ago, Darm said:

I'm aware of the laws of the highway code also as a taxi driver I don't need to wear belt whilst passengers in car so I don't need advice on seatbelt ruling thanks more help on actual topic would have helped 

Do you drive sitting in the back?

10 hours ago, Darm said:

Regardless whether it's a taxi adult passengers are still required by law to wear a seat belt.

• Like 2

Back to the OP - my understanding of the question (law aside) is can you disable the chime if someone puts a bag in the middle seat and the sensors interpret it as a person. I sometimes find the same thing if carrying stuff in back seat when boot is full.

• Groan 1

^^^ Or just fasten the seat belt, or use it to secure the bag so the stuff does not come forward and kill you,  like a passenger could in an accident, or garrotte you, 

Obvious a Taxi driver without a Seat belt on will never be strangled by rear seat passengers. 

(Strangest rules /law in the UK where even without passengers they do not need seat belts on.)

I was delivering books to Housebound people with a driver when the compulsory seatbelt law came in.

We were exempt and had a letter when stopping on the same street, short trips.

One day we were in the shop buying lunch, got in the van and started moving a few yards to the next drop.

This copper comes running up making signals to the driver to stop. 

He asks why we had no seat belts on and the driver said we did not need to as we had a letter with exemption.

Copper says, that will not stop you going through the windscreen.

Not a happy police Inspector.

3 weeks later we are back delivering and the van driver stops and gets out and i see the Police man driving off & he stops and the driver shouted at him.

That uniform will not stop you going through a windscreen.

We were in a bit of trouble when back at work over that one. 

• Like 2

I used to spend a lot of time on a gliding airfield.  To position the aircraft on the ground we towed the gliders behind the cars at walking pace (very difficult, with some cars you had to either slip the clutch in first or dab the brake) and we never bothered to put the seat belts on at that time.  We just clipped the buckles in first and then sat on top of the belts.  I did consider knocking up a piece of metal the size of the tang with three inches of webbing attached which could be just plugged in instead of the belt, but never got around to it.