VRS MK3 - Exhaust novice

Hi

Just wondering if I can be pointed in the right directing in regards to exhausts.

My wife has a MK3 VRS DSG - Tdi 184 and she is not keen on the 'fake exhaust sounds' she said and I quote 'I want the car to sound like yours'. I bought my MK2 Octavia a while ago and it came with a Milltek resonated exhaust system. Which I love, not too load but enough to get a smile on my face when I put my foot down.

I've browsed the Milltek website and for her car I only seem to get one option the cat -back, I have no idea if this is theory is what im after.

https://milltekshop.com/cat-back-dual-outlet-requires-right-hand-outlet-and-tip-part-5e0253682e-and-right-hand-rear-silencer-hanging-bracket-with-rubber-mount-part-5q0253144n-from-your-local-skoda-dealer-vrs-2-0-tdi-184ps-hatch-estate-manual-and-dsg-auto-2013-2020-ssxsk022/

Many thanks

• Like 1

Just as an aside - if the fake engine noise is undesirable, the unit that makes the noise is easy to disconnect. It is located under the plastic scuttle panel beneath the windscreen wipers. Do a search on here for a 'how to', 

It's easy to do, takes about 10 minutes. It's the first thing I did to mine when I got it. Cheers!

Might be missing something but her Mk3 is a TDI - is your Mk2 also a TDI, or is it a TSI?

As a Mk3 VRS 230 (TSI) owner, not entirely familiar with the rollin' coal exhaust setups 😊 - but looks like the Miltek product above bypasses both rear silencers (assuming Mk3 TDI has them?), and adds an outlet to the right hand rear (fake) exhaust pipe. If it does bypass the rear silencers, I'd guess there'd be some increased noise (though obv resonated through middle silencer).

Might be worthwhile just giving Miltek a call to see what they say - I've always found both them and Scorpion to give great advice over email or phone 👍

Bought a straight- through exhaust for my Subaru Impreza many years ago from Hayward & Scott, they were somewhere in Essex iirc. That made a lovely noise, but then again the Impreza always had that great ‘boxer engine burble’