Karoq revised specs April 2024

SurreyJohn

Skoda UK has announced revised Karoq specs

Karoq 
The 2024 Karoq features three familiar trim grades: SE Drive, SE L and SportLine with all models benefiting from enhanced standard specifications. All models gain Lane Assist, Care Connect and Infotainment Online (3-year subscription), advanced driver attention and drowsiness monitor, power-operated child lock, Traffic Sign Recognition and Tow bar preparation.

SE Drive models now feature a 10.25-inch Virtual Cockpit and Wireless smartphone charging, while SE L customers additionally benefit from 18-inch Procyon silver alloy wheels with anthracite aero inserts. Buyers choosing the range-topping SportLine model gain two tablet holders and ISOFIX on the front passenger seat. All models in the revised range also feature new rear badging that incorporates the brand’s latest corporate identity.

While the choice of drivetrains remains the same with four petrol engines and one diesel available, the previous 1.0 TSI unit has been replaced by a newer engine from Škoda’s EVO2 generation. The new unit delivers improved efficiency, along with a 6PS increase in output to 116PS. As on 2023 models, customers can specify the 1.5 TSI 150PS engine with a six-speed manual or seven-speed DSG  transmission. Both the 2.0 TDI 150PS diesel engine and the 2.0 TSI 190PS petrol engine are fitted with a seven-speed DSG and 4x4 as standard.

Prices for the 2024MY Karoq start at £28,380 OTR for the 1.0 TSI SE Drive model. SE L variants start from £30,215 OTR while the flagship SportLine models start from £35,130 OTR.

Design Selections 
In addition to the equipment boost, both models have been updated a new interior naming convention, first seen on the Enyaq all-electric SUV. Karoq customers will be able to choose from a range of four carefully curated options. Each offers a subtly different look with a range of materials designed to allow owners to perfectly tailor their car. SE Drive models are equipped with the Loft interior as standard, with the SE L coming with the Lounge interior. SE L customers can choose the Suite and Eco Suite interiors as an option. SportLine models feature a unique interior that includes sports seats. SportLine buyers can specify Lounge SportLine and Suite SportLine as an option, which switches sports seats for standard seats.

Fabia customers in the entry-level SE Comfort trim have the Studio interior as standard which features a grey fabric interior. SE L comes with the Lodge interior while Colour Edition features Loft interior as standard that includes grey fabric with grey stitching and added metallic touches. The Monte Carlo comes with the specially designed Monte Carlo interior that has black fabric and artificial leather seats with red metallic design elements and carbon effect on the dash.

The 2024 MY Fabia and 2024 MY Karoq are available to order now. 

A full database of images and other media assets relating to the full Škoda range can be found at www.skodamedia.com.

https://skodamedia.com/en-gb/releases/1491

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

SE Drive models now feature a 10.25-inch Virtual Cockpit and Wireless smartphone charging, while SE L customers additionally benefit from ....

Hurrah - particularly on the SE-L, I can't believe they stuck with the 8" digital display for the last couple of years.

Prices for revised Karoq (before adding options)

SE Drive 1.0 tsi 116 manual £28,380

SE Drive 1.5 tsi 150 manual £29,730

SE Drive 1.5 tsi 150 DSG £31,180

SE L 1.0 tsi 116 manual £30,215

SE L 1.5 tsi 150 manual £31,570

SE L 1.5 tsi 150 DSG £33,075

SE L 2.0 TDI 150 DSG 4x4 £37,615

Sportline 1.5 tsi 150 manual £35,130

Sportline 1.5 tsi 150 DSG £36,580

Sportline 2.0 tsi 190 DSG 4x4 £40,395

Sportline 2.0 TDI 150 DSG 4x4 £41,130

Unless you live up a steep hill, or tow big big items, tend to think the extra £4k for 4x4 is big premium compared to buying a set of winter wheels.

The 4Motion on our Tiguan was "nice to have".   I guess you get independent rear suspension too.

Mind you, it was £1500 extra (before discount).  The whole car (150 TDI DSG Match 4Motion) was 'only' £24K new.   Be interesting to see what discounts become available on new Karoq.

Will there be any more colours?  Last time I looked even Petrol Blue had gone.

15 hours ago, David61 said:

I see VarioFlex seats are no longer standard on the SE-L; additional cost option.

I would imagine a tiny number of owners ever remove them - I'm sure we won't, I'd probably hurt myself get the seats out.

Wonder if that means it gets a solid boot cover?

Confusingly the press release calls this the 2024MY Karoq! Previously model years changed around September, so MY2024 would have started production in September 2023, with the 10th character in the VIN code changing to a Q. But I see that the 2.0 TDI engine IS still available and the configurator has been updated to show this. 

Chris 

I don't think they changed anything last year but they seemed to do two updates in 22 - early Apr was a slight faceift (with the step in the headlamps) and then in mid July 22 they announced the model year 23 changes.

Edited by Rory

5 hours ago, Rory said:

I would imagine a tiny number of owners ever remove them - I'm sure we won't, I'd probably hurt myself get the seats out.

I assumed I would occasionally be removing the VarioFlex seats for different reasons. In 6 years of Karoq ownership I have only removed them about  twice I think. And they are very heavy!

I would never have included them as an option if they were not already in the SE-L spec.

• Like 1

My wife ordered a SE-L last November and was shortly after given a build week 21 - dealer contacted her this last Monday with news the car had been built week 16 and is expected in about a month - I can see why now, one of the last before the upgraded 24 models? 

Sounds like the only upgrade of note is the virtual cockpit - did she option that anyway?

I'm surprised at the wait - we ordered a new SE-L in Aug when we got our used 22 model.  Dealer called in Dec to say it was on its way.  I cancelled as the price to change was bonkers - they'd suggested £6000 when we ordered which was mad enough, but asked for £13,000 when they called in Dec. 

7 hours ago, CJJE said:

But I see that the 2.0 TDI engine IS still available and the configurator has been updated to show this. 

Looks like TDI is only available as a DSG 4x4

Towbar preparation being standard is interesting.

Skoda UK have been complaining about the situation especially with some of their used SUV stock never being able to tow. 

Edited by logiclee

19 hours ago, Rory said:

Sounds like the only upgrade of note is the virtual cockpit - did she option that anyway?

I'm surprised at the wait - we ordered a new SE-L in Aug when we got our used 22 model.  Dealer called in Dec to say it was on its way.  I cancelled as the price to change was bonkers - they'd suggested £6000 when we ordered which was mad enough, but asked for £13,000 when they called in Dec. 

No - on my advice she didn’t add anything to the standard spec, the better dash and beige upholstery were two possibilities but both came wrapped in ridiculously expensive ‘packs’ - the seemingly now standard ‘traffic sign recognition’ would have been nice as in this stupid world we now live in the speed limits change all too often and I find the alerts in my Superb quite useful in places I don’t know too well.