Superb 3 FL 2.0 TSI 280hp idles at 1000rpm while in D (regardless of anything else)

I saw couple of discussions, but the OP information is always a bit vague hence the discussion goes around suggestion to why the issue would be present. So, I am starting my own :)

My car, which is brand new, make Feb 2024, 2.0 TSI 280hp, always idles at 1000rpm. This is in D. When I switch to P or N, it does lower them to the normal 800rpm. I do use Start/Stop, but on the rare occasions when it does not engage (or I disengage it with light tap on the brake), it always stays at 1000rpm. When I stop SS, it does it as well.

It is not related to the engine being cold/warm, does not change if the AC is on or off, if the music is loud or not. Does not change if in Normal Mode, or Comfort, or even ECO. It does not change whether Auto-Hold is on or off. Or if I pressed the brake pedal light, medium or really hard. 

is this the normal behavior or it is something related to the car being brand new and the break-in period? It is not VERY annoying, since I don't mind Start/Stop and 0rpm is better than 800rpm, but I still find it very annoying how the "silent petrol engine" vibrates more than my old diesel engine, because it is always a little revved up.

exactly same behavior 😞

me to have read many times, it must switch to "N" without move leaver just by press harder brake

as result i have to move D->N manually, engine load then changes and consumption drops to ~1.0 l/h from ~1.5

what creates another "problem", N->D can't be moved without pressing brake pedal

while Asian manufacturers cars don't have that limitation

ŠS Mk3.FL 2023. Jan 2.0 TSI 280ps

@Tuscany   Is that in D with your foot on the brake pedal, and just the same if Autohold activated? 

What if you are sitting with it in S with foot on pedal or Autohold active, is it still showing 1,000 rpm? 

Running in should make no difference.   

But running the car on E5 97 or 99 ron min super unleaded might rather than E10 95 unleaded if that is what you are using.

Mine also does the same, RPM changes if load/no load of the transmission. My other auto vehicles also do that ("conventional" auto with torque converter) ... it is normal, or am I missing the question? Sorry in that case ... 😊