LCD TV Brackets

Goochie

Now we have a nice old house with brick walls and not plasterboard, I'm thinking of getting one of these for the TV:

SGLBGL-1A%20(Small).jpg

I've found them on EBay fo £94 which, seems a good price.

But before I go and buy one, has anyone found one cheaper ?

It is a 32" LG. I've searched high and low and cant seem to find a VESA bracket that will allow me to mount it as I want.

They are normally designed to hold the TV against the wall - but we'd like to mount it in the corner and have the TV "floating" away from the walls.

The issue is that because of the width of the screen, in this position the weight (20kg+) is a fair way from the wall.

That bracket looks strong enough to me. Should think the pressures on the 6 screws holding it would be the same if the TV were 1" or 1 foot from the wall? I should think YOU could sit on that bracket once it's up and secured. :)

That bracket looks strong enough to me. Should think the pressures on the 6 screws holding it would be the same if the TV were 1" or 1 foot from the wall? I should think YOU could sit on that bracket once it's up and secured. :)

The further the TV is away from the wall, the more leverage it has to pull the top screws out. The moment arm is longer.

If worried, use frame fixings rather than rawlplugs etc. And test it out by hanging "cr*p" off it for a night or two. Then check it's still secure before hanging the Telly off it.

J.

Should think the pressures on the 6 screws holding it would be the same if the TV were 1" or 1 foot from the wall?

Moment = Magnitude of Force x Perpendicular distance to the pivot (Fd)

So the further it is away from the wall, the more force will be exerted on the screws...

I'd agree the bracket looks like it could handle it easily enough and it would be the securing screws which would be the weakness...so possibly using longer screws might be an idea...

Rob.

The 4 holes on the back of the LCD for ataching the VESA mount should allow you to fit any VESA holder, including those designed for monitors, however if you think the price is right and that one does what you want, then go for it. :)

Also try using the medium weight rawl screws/bolts with the expanding metal jackets. The brickwork will probably give way before they do .

screw raw plugs etc phil, use rawl bolts etc as described, the hold things damn strong.

at college we had to fix a metal box to a wall and two of us stood on it for 10 mins and it didn't phase it :D

powerboltlg.jpg

Goochie try this company http://www.popcorn-uk.com there is a section for Television then Stands and Mounts, they are very reasonable. BTW I have my flatscreen mounted on the wall with raw bolts you can buy from B&Q, they are 12cm long and I have 4 of then planted in the wall, I was hanging of them before I mounted the screen and they didn't budge.

How about Chemical Fixing, you just drill the hole, clean it out, mix the Chem Fix , put it in the hole & push in a length of threaded bar. Let it set & it won't move.

The trouble with raw bolts is you don't know where on the brick your drilling & if you drill near the edge of the brick it might burst the side out of it as you tighten it up.

Just my 2P's worth