Skip to content

Exhaust Backbox

Featured Replies

There are 2 questions here -

  • Is it the 4x4 only that has non fake exhaust trims whereby the exhaust exits via the rear chrome pipe sections on the rear valance

  • If the above is the case can the back boxes only fit a 220tsi FWD car?

Also are there any other options for exhaust rear, I was going to get a H tips to my backbox, but seems the company now no longer makes them as they were offset so the would work and not in the middle unless I can fine another pair which I like.

Thanks

Not sure I can answer your questions specifically. But I love the solution on this one to keep OEM look with super sprint back boxes

Whereas I like Martini’s option of subtly changing the tailpipes despite keeping the exhaust standard.

Like this badboy

4 hours ago, tombee said:

There are 2 questions here -

  • Is it the 4x4 only that has non fake exhaust trims whereby the exhaust exits via the rear chrome pipe sections on the rear valance

  • If the above is the case can the back boxes only fit a 220tsi FWD car?

Also are there any other options for exhaust rear, I was going to get a H tips to my backbox, but seems the company now no longer makes them as they were offset so the would work and not in the middle unless I can fine another pair which I like.

Thanks

1 - not 4x4, but the 280 is the only one (it’s not the only 4x4 as there is a diesel one).

2 - do you mean can you cut the tailpipes off the 280 exhaust and fit it to a 220? Ummm no. The 220 will be a FWD variant of the ea888 design which routes differently because of the haldex.

There will be better things to do.

The thread I linked to had some chat - did you replace the resonator @tombee ?

Personally next choice would be downpipe. But if you have a GPF you have a moral dilemma about what you do with that…

Just now, travs said:

Personally next choice would be downpipe. But if you have a GPF you have a moral dilemma about what you do with that…

Is it just moral? Potential new regulations on mot in 2027. Unless that’s just diesels. Recently discovered mine hasn’t done a regen in 50,000 miles or so. That might get interesting.

14 minutes ago, Binx1310 said:

Is it just moral? Potential new regulations on mot in 2027. Unless that’s just diesels. Recently discovered mine hasn’t done a regen in 50,000 miles or so. That might get interesting.

Well moral as in whether you want to get rid of it or not and live with it. It was never an issue about emissions as it would still pass without it.

Interesting read on MOT regs changes. Certainly looks to ramp up the MOT requirements and enforcement.

10 hours ago, tombee said:

There are 2 questions here -

  • Is it the 4x4 only that has non fake exhaust trims whereby the exhaust exits via the rear chrome pipe sections on the rear valance

  • If the above is the case can the back boxes only fit a 220tsi FWD car?

Also are there any other options for exhaust rear, I was going to get a H tips to my backbox, but seems the company now no longer makes them as they were offset so the would work and not in the middle unless I can fine another pair which I like.

Thanks

yes, u can fit the mufflers off a 280 on to ur 220, but u'll need to either cut out ur rear diffuser so the exhaust tip can stick out, or u need to change the rear diffuser to the 280 version.

the centre exhaust pipe and rear pipes leading to the mufflers r different between the 280 and 220.

the 280 having the AWD haldex routes different under the back half the car compared to the 220 without a haldex.

the mufflers on the 220 point downwards.

the mufflers on the 280 r straight out.

BUT.....more importantly - u gain NOTHING by fitting the mufflers from a 280 on to a 220.

ur better off getting sports mufflers, or resonator delete pipe and/or downpipe.

Edited by JR RS

  • Author

I have the RPM Res Delete pipe already fitting, this is for more of a burble at idle along with looking better.

Happy to change the rear valance, looking at OE, Maxton or Reiger currently hence why asking about the rear boxes as would like to have those tips, I have looked at multiple different types but thought this might be a good option for appearance and slight noise increase.

Supersprint is lovely but very pricey, had a cat back system on my E34 M5, so just seeing about other options.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.