Skip to content

Superb Mk3 3V3 Liftback – power tailgate won't open/close – VCDS diagnosis

Featured Replies

Hi everyone,

I've searched the forum and found several similar tailgate problems, but I haven't been able to find a solution that exactly matches my case. If this has already been discussed or solved elsewhere, my apologies, and I'd really appreciate a link to the relevant thread.

I preferred to start a new topic rather than resurrect an old one because my symptoms are slightly different. However, I've read the previous cases and will test the suggested solutions, particularly the latch/closing-assist mechanism, and report the results here.

Car: Skoda Superb III, 2017, 3V3 Liftback (not Estate/Combi), 1.4 TSI 150 PS, DSG7 automatic.

Main problem

  • Pressing the opening button operates the latch, but the tailgate does not lift by itself.

  • If I give it a small manual push, the electric drive starts working, raises it to approximately 1/4 of its travel and stops.

  • Normally it will not power-close either. Pressing the button only produces the "beep beep" warning.

  • The interesting part is that when the car correctly detects the boot as open and the open-tailgate symbol appears on the instrument cluster, the tailgate can sometimes continue electrically all the way to fully open.

  • If it reaches fully open, it can sometimes power-close normally as well.

Because of this, we're particularly interested in the latch/closing-assist mechanism and the signals used by 6D to determine whether the tailgate is open or closed.

VCDS findings so far

Both position sensors track each other extremely closely. For example, at approximately 24% opening:

  • Position Sensor 1: 512

  • Position Sensor 2: 511

  • Rear lid position: 24%

When completely closed, both sensors return to 0.

After clearing the previous faults and reproducing the problem, 6D currently stores no new DTC.

I have also tried:

  • Rear lid: reset standardization

  • Adapt flap opening angle

Both Basic Settings start but remain indefinitely on Running and never complete.

6D controller

  • SW: 5Q0 959 107 L

  • HW: 5Q0 959 107 J

  • Component: HDSG-Modul H13 0261

  • Coding: 1008

  • ASAM: EV_DeckLidCONTIAU736 001014

I'm using VCDS 21.9.0 x64 with an AliExpress interface which cannot be updated, so I'm also keeping in mind the possibility of a limitation with this VCDS/interface setup.

What I'm looking for

Apart from ideas about the fault itself, I'm particularly looking for data from a known-good Superb Mk3 3V3 Liftback (not Estate):

  • complete 6D Controller Map,

  • 6D Adaptation Map / ADP map,

  • 6D coding/configuration,

  • and, if possible, measuring values related to the latch/closing assist and reasons for cancellation/stopping of tailgate movement.

Ideally from the same or a very similar module:

  • 5Q0 959 107 L

  • HW: 5Q0 959 107 J

  • HDSG-Modul H13 0261

  • EV_DeckLidCONTIAU736 001014

  • Coding: 1008

I don't want to run Resetting all adaptations until I have backed up my current configuration and, preferably, have a known-good configuration for comparison.

If anyone has a 3V3 Liftback with an electric tailgate and VCDS, or has experienced similar symptoms, any information would be greatly appreciated.

I'll update the thread with the results of further tests and, of course, the solution if we manage to find the cause.

Thanks!

Error Log?

@Adr85 - I've got a MY17 Superb liftback with the following electric boot:-

6D Deck Lid Control

System description: HDSG-Modul

Software number: 5Q0959107L

Software version: 0261

Hardware number: 5Q0959107J

Hardware version: H13

Serial number: 31249117700000

ODX name: EV_DeckLidCONTIAU736

ODX version: 001014

Long coding: 1008

Tis the exact same as urs.

I should b able to get the admaps and blockmaps for u in the next day or two.

Edited by JR RS

  • Author
23 hours ago, JR RS said:

@Adr85 - I've got a MY17 Superb liftback with the following electric boot:-

6D Deck Lid Control

System description: HDSG-Modul

Software number: 5Q0959107L

Software version: 0261

Hardware number: 5Q0959107J

Hardware version: H13

Serial number: 31249117700000

ODX name: EV_DeckLidCONTIAU736

ODX version: 001014

Long coding: 1008

Tis the exact same as urs.

I should b able to get the admaps and blockmaps for u in the next day or two.

8 hours ago, JR RS said:

First of all, THANKS, many many thanks.

After a lot of testing and check VCDS, problem seems to be the "Lock malfunction".

Anyway, I'll continue testing just to check if problem could be the wires or the entire piece...

I’m attaching this in case it’s of any help to anyone in the future....

Update after further VCDS diagnosis:

I have now reproduced the fault several times while monitoring the 6D measuring values.

The most interesting finding is:

  • IDE05229 - Reason for cancellation of rear lid procedure

  • Last reason: Lock malfunction

  • IDE09505-MAS09017

  • Tailgate lock: implausible counter

It initially showed 1559, every failed opening attempt increased it by exactly one: 1559 → 1560 → 1561 → 1562 → 1563 → 1564

During a failed opening attempt the three latch states remain:

  • Pre-latch: Closed

  • Main latch: Closed

  • Rear lid lock: Closed

and the instrument cluster does not detect the boot as open.

If I then slightly lift the tailgate manually, without another electrical command, the values change to:

  • Pre-latch: Closed

    Main latch: Open

    Rear lid lock: Safety catch / pre-latch

At exactly that point the boot open indication appears on the instrument cluster, and the implausible-lock counter does not increase.

I also checked the closing-assist system separately:

  • IDE09505-MAS09018

    Closing assist implausible counter: 0

So at the moment VCDS appears to be pointing much more specifically towards the tailgate latch/lock or its state detection, rather than the pull-shut/closing-assist mechanism.

Current stored DTC:

  • B2010 00 - No Basic Setting

Although the live measuring value IDE09495 currently reports the tailgate as Initialized.

I'll continue diagnosing it before replacing any parts.

I believe I have seen someone on another post on here someone state that the lock has some relatively poor quality internal switches which detect the state.

I would think swapping out the latch mechanism is probably the solution. I have a copy of the workshop manuals I can share if you need the instructions.

Edited by Binx1310

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.