Seat Belt Warning "Ding"

Wayne Kerr

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right then.

Software code was 23412, changed it to 21412 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, seat belt warning "ding" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, still "dinging" !

Changed it back sharpish !!!! :eek:

Right then.

Software code was 23412' date=' changed it to 21412 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, seat belt warning "ding" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, still "dinging" !

Changed it back sharpish !!!! :eek:[/quote']

Soft coding on some Octavia's most be different for some reason. I'm also still puzzled why they all seem to be set for sat nav too. :confused:

Wayne - did the light go out but the ding remain? If so, thats what I had.

On reflection ,,,,,,,,, I think it did!

Looks like it's the short circuiting of the seat belt switch then! :(

There is no pressure switch in the seat. Infact no one is sure if the airbags are deployed even if no one is sat in the car - perhaps we need a voulenteer?

Was in a mates 2006 leon the other day, there must be a pressure switch in the P/S seat as it was dinging with him not belted up. With the Seat having it I'm a little surprised the Octy doesn't.

Btw The Leon is a nice drive...his was a fairly standard 1.6

I think the PS is to decide which air bags to deploy in an accident. I don't know if it's related to the bongs though :D

Chris

Now, that does make sence because if the airbags are deployed there is a good chance that the drivers seat is gunna be occupied. :D

During my many hours of web trawling to find a solution to this, I read Uwe@Ross-tech saying that he diddnt think it was possible to diable the noise on the MK4 Golf. However, Eddy seems to have managed it on his Octavia :confused:

Yeah, very strange. I'm sure DaveH managed to disable it on his too.

I disabled the annoying ding tone on my wife's Fabia. :thumbup:

The action of inserting the seatbelt into the seatbelt catch simply operates a switch that BREAKS the closed electrical circuit that operates the seatbelt alarm.

Exactly the same effect is achieved (ie the same circuit is broken) by disconecting the wires to the seatbelt catch.

Obviously, you do this at your own risk but I'm certain enough that the inserting of the seatbelt & the disconnecting of the wiring (on a Fabia anyway) both have EXACTLY the same effect i.e. they both break or if you want open, the closed electrical circuit just in different ways and doing this will not interfere with the operation of the airbags.

It's up to you though & the Octavia might be different. :)

:D

During my many hours of web trawling to find a solution to this, I read Uwe@Ross-tech saying that he diddnt think it was possible to diable the noise on the MK4 Golf. However, Eddy seems to have managed it on his Octavia :confused:

Strange, I've never ever had the seatbelt noise in my Mk4 Golf since I've owned it. :confused:

Now the wife's Fabia, that sure did ! :mad:

Not any more though.:D