Spot The Difference : MINI 2

Royston

Front bumper , upper/lower grills deffo look different , they couldn't change it to much , its like a Porsche 911 , they can only change bits subtly otherwise it wouldn't be the MINI

They've moved the lights further up the wings, and the exhaust panel/rear diffuser looks a bit different. Not exactly setting the world on fire, but as said previously, they daren't mess about too much with the shape...

Steve

The exhaust trim is slightly bigger. I have a box of them sat on my desk at the moment.

MINI2 - even less Mini than the last MINI ?

I had to laugh when my Mum found she couldnt' get one in her garage because the front wings are too wide. She said "the trouble with the new Mini is that it isnt"

The exhaust trim is slightly bigger. I have a box of them sat on my desk at the moment.

MINI2 - even less Mini than the last MINI ?

I had to laugh when my Mum found she couldnt' get one in her garage because the front wings are too wide. She said "the trouble with the new Mini is that it isnt"

I always refer to it as the MI_D_I!

Why have they made it bigger??? If people want a 'small car' then they want a car that is small.....

I know it's marketing bullsh*t, but even so, it is crazy that almost every manufacturer makes the next generation of cars slightly bigger than the previous one.

Mondeo's/Vectras become Granada/Carlton sized, the big cars are discontinued and a small Ka/Lupo is slotted into the gap left by the growing Corsa/Polo. Madness I tell you!

Mondeo's/Vectras become Granada/Carlton sized, the big cars are discontinued and a small Ka/Lupo is slotted into the gap left by the growing Corsa/Polo. Madness I tell you!

It's a strange phenomenon granted, but for example, one of the main complaints against the Octy 1 was limited rear legroom. Hence, rather than Skoda saying "stop whinging and buy a Superb", they build the next Octy with more rear legroom. And hence it gets larger.

I guess it's a way of looking proactive to criticism...

Rob.

Looks carp, not a fan of new Minis, stole the name of the original but forgot about the soul. Is that right about the standard tyres being 195/65/r16? Sounds like a big ole sidewalled tyre for a small(ish) car.

I think Mini's are nice cars, well styled and nice to drive,

drove my brothers mini cooper yesterday and it felt very sluggish compared to my VRS, Although it had the cooper S suspension my fabia seemed to hold the road just as good as it.

The new engines are very economical, the next cooper will be very competitive with the diesel warm/hot hatches in economy and performance stakes (so it looks anyway)

Looks carp, not a fan of new Minis, stole the name of the original but forgot about the soul. Is that right about the standard tyres being 195/65/r16? Sounds like a big ole sidewalled tyre for a small(ish) car.

When you think that high spec Octy 1s have 205/55R16 or 17 as standard...

OTOH my sis's Honda Jazz has 195/65R15s.

I dont think you were trying hard enough in the MINI ;)

I wasn't but still at normal driving speeds the Fabia feels much better.....Although I would say that as My car is the Fabia, but honestly felt alot better

I noticed today that yes mini's are bigger outside but inside they are tiny!