the 'ring 2007

Neo_VR

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being the tight Dutch git I am, can anyone give some sort of overview of costs involved?

Really rough estimate - 1500 - 2000 pounds.

Done "on the cheap" maybe 1k...depending how many laps of the ring you do. Highest cost is fuel, and ring laps.

I did put up costs a while back:

Ferry £80ish - I paid £39 for tunnel though :D

Accomodation - Zuburg on-site (pretty much) was £30 B&B per night

Laps; depends how many you do - £100

Meals (2 nights) about £50

Fuel (the biggy) - 1000 miles @ 25mpg - £180

Sundries - £50

About £500 for 3 days :D

Ill come with you then :D

40 laps is £600.........

Buy a season pass, if your going to go more than once it makes sense.

I bought one last year for half a year it cost 395 Euros, i did over 80 laps so works out far cheaper than buying 25 lap tickets.

I will try and do all the trips next year but i'm already getting pretty busy/booked up already but as i said August/September will be when i definately head over to the Ring.

Although am currently looking to go over for the 1st-3rd October(Sunday-Tuesday),11 days time.

Would be a bonus ;)

don't even start!!!

:eek: I would consider car sharing if someone wants to halve the cost. But really does depend on dates as I may be busy next year.

I'll come with you Goochie, if Dave is gonna be like that! :P

and he said he wants to go with Tavia! How rude!

I'll be going with the redbaron - may have a spare seat Phil.

Dave, a jahreskart is only £524 so paying £600 is ott :haha: I'll just renew my old one :D, breakeven in a weekend :D

Most won't do as many laps as us, probly 25 for the weekend would be my guess on a first trip as they'll want to soak up the atmosphere and take piccies, get pax laps etc. 25 lap ticket is £207 which would take my cost up to £600 :D

Yea I'm up for that but will you be contributing half the cost of just being a passenger?

What else were you expecting me to do other than be a passenger? :confused: ;):rofl:

Aww, looks like dave will have to put up with me afterall though lol! Unless in the meantime he somehow decides I'm not good enough! :P

My main decision will be which car to take. Something small and fun, something small and sporty, something bigger and sportier, something big and yet surprisingly economical or something completely scarey :D Or just rent something and drive it like I stole it :D

In the scarey category we have: Stripped 911 RS, a Radical and a Westfield Megabusa :D Depends if they are being used by their owners unfortunately but I am allowed to borrow them if they ain't being used. The 911 is stunningly quick, I thought the RUF i was lent was quick but the RS, Far canal it was good :D The Radical is about the most mental thing I have ever driven though, especially on track - shame the passenger wet themselves on the nice carbon fibre seat :rofl:

I'll just take a Skoda as per usual, although, I want to take the Fabia again if I still have it, as I am curious how It goes around with the 40 laps extra experience I have had.

I'm sure you will be my passenger Loz, if you behave yourself ;)

Year pass is an option, as Im certain it wont be my only trip next year. I'm addicted to ring.....:thumbup:

Person.

They carry out occasional spot checks to make sure you are the "owner" of the card. They now give wrist watch type devices :cool: but you still have a card with your photo on. Mine is so faded (helps to leave it in the parking ticket thingy on the windscreen :D ) you can't tell it is me so you'd probably get away with it. If they catch you they take it off you and no refund is given.