CD Multichanger problems

The multichanger seems to be acting up again on our Superb. We keep getting a mechanic or check magazine message on the display and the CD won't play. If I remove the magazine and replace it sometimes does the trick for a day or two, and then the problem returns. I have tried a lens cleaner but it doesn't cure the problem. It seems to happen when the weather is cold and/or damp. has anyone else experienced this problem?

The multichanger seems to be acting up again on our Superb. We keep getting a mechanic or check magazine message on the display and the CD won't play. If I remove the magazine and replace it sometimes does the trick for a day or two, and then the problem returns. I have tried a lens cleaner but it doesn't cure the problem. It seems to happen when the weather is cold and/or damp. has anyone else experienced this problem?

I had the same problem on my Bora, I ended up having to replace the changer mate, I would take it to the dealers and get them to see if they can send it away to be looked at?

Had this happen to me twice, first time it happened Skoda Dealer repaired it while I waited, mechanic just cleaned it out but said if it happened again they would replace it, although he did warn me about playing "copied" discs, apparently they can upset the changer !...second time it happened just unloading and then loading it back up again seemed to rectify it.

Guest Fabia 12v

in cool/damp weather i've found CDs in our octy's changer with mist on!!! Could be thats the problem :confused:

in cool/damp weather i've found CDs in our octy's changer with mist on!!! Could be thats the problem :confused:

It could be but more likely it's problems with the changer?!?!

I had issues with copied CD's and it seemed to make my changer worse.

I would get it checked out as they don't last for ever!!

I had the same problems in my Leon Cupra and Octavia SLX TDI and neither dealer would repair them under warranty. Both cars had the same CD changer just in different locations. The Leon's one was in the glovebox but packed in the same as the Octavias..in the boot...Never solved the problem. Had the same changer in my Octy vRS and was so paranoid the changer would screw up I seldom used it.:confused:

Weather conditions or temperature made no difference. Anyway, it will be interesting to se if you remedy this problem. Be sure to inform us how you get on...Paul

I am having the same problems. When i first picked up my Superb (Secondhand) the CD just wouldnt work at all. It wouldnt even say that there was no disc. When i got it home i put in two non-copied discs either side of a copied one and it worked and played all three with no problems. Yesterday it just wouldnt play anything, just kept coming up with "Mechanic" in the screen. I took out the magazine and put in another copied disc and the unit started to work again and has done ever since.

How easy is it to fit another (aftermarket) CD multichanger? Does anyone know if there is a standard type plug fitted so another one can be slotted in and just plugged in?

How easy is it to fit another (aftermarket) CD multichanger? Does anyone know if there is a standard type plug fitted so another one can be slotted in and just plugged in?

Fitting one is not a problem as it will have the usual 12 pin plug (I think it's 12 pin) you will however get problems with the Head Unit talking to the CD changer if it is a non-OEM unit.

I believe that Sony do a kit and more information can be found at your local Halfrauds!!

I agree damp and cold weather seems to play havoc with it. I've had it back to the dealer in March and thought they had fixed it, but with cold weather back again the messages of surface, mechanic etc have appeared. I'm going back for other warranty work so will get it sorted then hopefully. They too recommended not using certain types of copied CD's, but I'm not wanting to risk putting originals in the car incase they get scratched.

Worked fine on my octy.

• 6 months later...

Had these problems too, both in my Superb and previous Octavia estate, but didn't seem to be particularly affected by either the weather or copied discs.

This one failed at 15 months and the dealer replaced the changer (after a 3-month wait for parts !), but is now doing it again - however... there are also other faults which make it seem like a software issue to me: multi-dot display has showed the radio/CD info in the top third but the bottom two thirds were blank for a few days; just today this worked the other way round, no CD/radio info but SatNav/temp info present; occasionally the display will show 'no disc', but turn it off and on and hey presto, they're there again! Anybody else get these symptoms?

I aslo had a problem when I picked up my 16 month old Superb. The Autochanger would work intermittently. Cd's would work and then fail. Took it to the dealer and they installed a new atuchanger under warranty, no problems so far.

I aslo had a problem when I picked up my 16 month old Superb. The Autochanger would work intermittently. Cd's would work and then fail. Took it to the dealer and they installed a new atuchanger under warranty, no problems so far.

On Chord's advice - I asked the dealer to look at mine which was exhibiting similar problems. They're ordering a new multichanger for me - no questions asked :thumbup: