Leon FR TDI 170bhp

DaveVRS

I'd rather drive the 535i

I wouldnt.

Nice and relaxing, but certain aspects make it quite annoying.

The power steering doesnt correct itself when coming round a corner, the electrics on 2 ive known are poor. The brakes are poor for the potential v-max and weight of car. It also is quite annoying when the one I know alot has 38,000 on an S oplate and is worth not much more than 7k. BMW services are astronimcal. The tyres are

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt.

I wouldn't.

See, we can both make ourselves look like tw@ts if we really try:rolleyes:

The power steering doesnt correct itself when coming round a corner

Yours must have been broken then.

And as for the weight of the BMW, yeah it is a bit heavier but not that much, the Fabia is a porky little thing, and once your on the move (as your comparison) the weight is even less of an issue than for a standing start. (the RWD would obviously give the BMW a better launch than the Fabia anyway)

I wouldnt.

Nice and relaxing, but certain aspects make it quite annoying.

The power steering doesnt correct itself when coming round a corner, the electrics on 2 ive known are poor. The brakes are poor for the potential v-max and weight of car. It also is quite annoying when the one I know alot has 38,000 on an S oplate and is worth not much more than 7k. BMW services are astronimcal. The tyres are

I've actually owned a SEAT Leon FR TDI 170 and now I have a new VRS. The Leon was way too hard suspension and the engine not pleasant at all. Quick but not as quick as it should be and rubbish dash. The VRS seems better built to me. That and the fact that stupid DPF kept blocking and has little scope for tuning. SEAT also skimp on engine covers and other details. The best bit was the blue tooth phone connection but I wasn't sorry to see it go. Remember it is a very heavy car, it was also crap on fuel. The petrol model is superior in my opinion.

I thought I'd add a bit of constructive input into this woeful thread. I own a standard Octavia vRS. Its not the fastest car in the world and not the best handling car in the world.

It easily leaves a Fabia vRS on the motorway however. I know from personal experience that it wouldn't ave a chance against a BMW 535 or indeed an Audi RS6. So anyone who says that a Fabia vRS can whup A55 on these types of cars is a buffoon.

I think that a lot of misconceptions about the Fab vRS's perceived speed come from the fact that the power is pretty much always there, as long as you're in a reasonable gear.

It feels quicker than it is because it gives a good kick in the kidneys, and a lot of other drivers think it's just a slow Skoda, so underestimate it. Hence you get stories of people out-running silly-quick cars; the Fab isn't quicker, it's underestimated & so people don't try to keep as hard as they should. :rolleyes:

Of course, that's not to say they're not already trying, it's just in some petrol cars need you to drop a gear (or two) to get at all the power, but drivers tend not to think they need to do that when there's a little shopping trolley next to them.

Which is exactly why I like the car - it's a Q-car. Not the ultimate q-car, of course, but it's good enough for now. :thumbup: